0

ok, here's the situation

Posted by Slowplum on 11/26/2006 07:05:00 PM
I think I need a break.

I have a lot of crap going on in a very small space of time , and things are piling up, and I feel like I'm caving in the middle. But oh well right?

I got cornered into participating in a Christmas sweets exchange at work. This means I now have to make 84 of something. I had offered buttertart squares so I'm thinking, hmm. That's not so bad I can cook two large trays at once and be done with it. Thank God I didn't offer up something like cookies or somesuch. Bleh.

I was going to bake tonight but my get up and go just got up and went. I have no energy whatsoever from all the lack of sleep.

Speaking of sleep - I have been having very, very weird dreams. Here's the thing. Every night it is the same dream, but features a different person. Each time the person goes through the same motions, asks me the same questions, answers the same way. It is just the person interacting with me that changes. First the person was someone I hadn't spoken to in 15 years, then someone I hadn't spoken to in 10 years, then someone I hadn't spoken to in 5. I'm not sure why... and each time, I found it harder and harder to refuse what they were asking of me. I don't quite feel right about jotting down all the particulars here. Needless to say, I'm a little disturbed about the whole thing. Waking up felt like having to pull myself up from a deep ocean. I haven't dreamt so deep in a very long time. I always end up waking up feeling exhausted and not rested at all.

There was a Mom-to-Mom sale on Saturday that I participated in. It wasn't so bad - I made 40 bucks out of the deal and got rid of some stuff we don't need anymore. The remainder went to House of Blessing. Hammer organized the whole damn thing and I give her lots of props for that - a lot of work with little payoff. Her daughter played violin with her group, they did pretty fabulously. C has mentioned several times now she wants to start violin. I told her if she was serious about it, we would discuss it in the New Year but for now let's just think it over. I told her if we were going to invest our time and money into this, she had to prove she would also invest her time, and stick to it. I explained it will be hard at first but if she stuck to it the rewards would be great. She's going to mull that over. I'm willing to back her on this but I want to make sure she understands what she is getting into. K wants to start playing piano again - he really liked the lessons when we went but frankly it was a bit of a drive, we were going out of town to get him lessons. I'm going to look into what is available in town maybe. Both my kids have music in their hearts and sing all damn day when they're home. It's only natural - my grandfather was a folk singer, as was my aunt, and my father when he was a kid for that matter. I took all kinds of music lessons when I was younger. It's in the blood.

Blah blah blah. I do carry on about nothing. I'm going to go soak in the tub and try not to fall asleep - this may require doing logic puzzles while soaking or somesuch.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.