0

i'm total pro dude that's what i'm here for

Posted by Slowplum on 11/06/2006 07:04:00 AM
Halloween came and went with a bang and a whimper. Our house managed to pull through all the sickness but not without me missing a scandalous amount of work last week. It is frustrating in some ways but I'll get over it well enough.

My court date is tomorrow and I am a bit nervous as I've never been up in front of The Man before. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Went to see my friend's boyfriend's band play at Molly Bloom's on Saturday night and brought the brother in law along to meed another friend's sister. They seemed to like each other well enough but as brotherinlaw said, it was a bit awkward because he felt like all eyes were on them. He said now that he's met her though he'd like to call her up and actually talk without the social awkwardness having just met and etc. Anyway. We'll see how that goes.

Anyhow the band was fabulous and the singer who happens to be my friend's boyfriend has an excellent vocal range. They played original material as well as covering other tunes. What is funny? Funny is already knowing the singer because he's the son of this Portuguese couple my parents used to hang out with all the time when I was in high school. Our mutual parents once tried setting me up with his brother, who was 5 years my senior, so yeah. Y'all can guess how THAT went. I was fifteen the guy was twenty. There was no way it was going to work. Now the guy works for NATO or somesuch and lives in Switzerland. Crazy shit man.

This whole being on birth control thing is still weird. I keep remembering I have to take them at weird hours. It's like this - because I am not choosing to be on them for a specific purpose, I've been just terrible about remembering them. When I was taking them for a specific reason, I was like clockwork, very vigilant.

Ok. I just stared blankly at nothing for three minutes. A clear sign I am ready to take on the day.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.