0

RIP Jack Palance

Posted by Slowplum on 11/11/2006 02:45:00 PM
Ok first off? What the hell, blogger. What the freaking hell. It took me seventy times to post this stupid thing.

I'm actually really sad to learn Jack Palance died.

My first actual exposure to him was when he hosted the television show "Ripley's Believe it or Not"... I've liked him in everything I've seen him in.

Today is remembrance day. Last year I posted a really cheesy poem I had written when I was twelve or so. This year I don't really feel up to doing anything but lying under the covers and crying myself to sleep. I have some very mixed feelings about this day, most that I would not care to divulge to the general public.

I just keep reminding myself of two very good things tied to this day - the day SO asked me to marry him, and the day I found out I was pregnant with K. It mostly drowns out all the bad things. Mostly.

I am itching to put the Christmas tree up. If anything it will keep me occupied, plus make the kids happy. I spent most of my morning reorganizing my scrapbooking supplies and cleaning out underneath the computer desk - talk about a scary chore.

C had a sleepover with her Brownies group last night. She had a ton of fun and I am very glad I had the foresight to bring our two big blowup mattresses - most of the girls only came with sleeping bags. C's friend Z ended up in a different room so I was doubly glad bringing both - that way both got to sleep in comfort even if they couldn't be roomies.

C said to me this morning that this has been her best week ever. She has been all smiles all week and I have to tell you - it's like walking into sunshine. It just brightens me up like anything. K enjoyed having me all to himself last night. We watched A Series of Unfortunate Events curled up under a blanket eating chips and yammering. I am soaking up the cuddle time when I can; before I know it he won't want my company anymore. The fickleness of adolescence shall soon descend upon both my kidlets, so while I'm still the best smartest coolest person in the world I take it all in. Soon enough I'll be a know-nothing jerk who is like, totally unfair man.

Ok enough procrastinating. Time to go seize the day or something.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.