1

Valhalla, I am coming

Posted by Slowplum on 8/29/2006 09:10:00 AM
Say what you want about School of Rock (I have many issues with the movie, mostly to do with the kids, ugh don't even get me started), I think it's awesome that it has my daughter shrieking out the Immigrant Song.

Actually C really loves old rock. She doesn't mind teeny-bopper pop songs but mostly she loves rock. So she's making me download all sorts of things and asking me why it never plays on the radio.

I explained that stations have an obligation to play whatever the program involves, went on to explain each station has a different agenda, and that if she really liked this stuff I'd just toss it onto a disc and we could listen to that in the car instead. K then piped up that I had to make one for HIM then. K loves bands like Ween and the Violent Femmes and Broken Social Scene and Sam Roberts and Weezer. Don't ask him what band sings which, he hasn't discerned em just gloms them all into the category of "hey mom! That's my second favorite song! That's my fourth favorite song!" It's kind of cute actually, he mumbles things like "push the li'l daisies" under his breath when he thinks nobody's listening.

I've been invited to go out with some of the ladies at work on Saturday. We're more or less around the same age; I'm older than a few of them, but not by much. It should be interesting. I hadn't expected the invitation, it more or less was implied I was going to be there if I liked it or not! heh.

My brotherinlaw & sisterinlaw invited us over for dinner tomorrow & my own brother &his girl are coming over for dinner Thursday. Tonight of course is "Wing Night" for SO. That more or less cleans out the last week of summer. Where did the time go???

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

1 Comments


See? Another reason why the boys get along so well. Middle Child's favourite bands are Billy Talent, The Pixies, Good Charlotte, The Ramones and, er, Simple Plan.

Glad to hear your boy loves the sword swinging action. We knew he'd dig it.

Good luck at the doctor's.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.