2

Tequila!

Posted by Slowplum on 8/13/2006 09:45:00 AM
So my fatherinlaw (who I will now call FIL) decided to have a tequila party while his wife is in Nfld. He invited a bunch of us over. Around mid-day he comes pulling up to our drive while SO was working on cleaning out the garage. "Boy I need you to come grocery shopping". But SO was busy so FIL took me. Good thing too; the man does not know his way around grocery stores to save his life. I also got him to a dollar store to get plastic shotglasses.

Then I went over to their house and helped him chop up a bajillion veggies and things for the Mexican feast he was serving with the boozery. SO and the kids came over shortly after and there were a bunch of other friends there as well. When planning this he asked me what kind of tequila to get, I told him Jose Cuervo never let me down, but it has to be gold. He didn't even know tequila was available in a color other than clear. Last night he was converted over, as were a few of his friends.

A good time was had by all and the kids even had a ball as FIL's friend brought over his two kids and they all had a sleepover type thing going on.

Was yours truly drunk? Not hardly. I can handle my booze and besides I didn't really start drinking until the kids were in bed. Plus I was in hostess mode - cleaning up the food when everyone was done, etc etc. Woke up with nary a hangover, to which SO was amazed. "How did you do it? You drank just as much as so-and-so's girl and she was a trainwreck." I'm Portuguese, man. We are practically bottle-fed alcohol; we can hold our own. Sure there was a point shortly after I had the kids where smelling booze would make me dizzy, but those days are over, baby. To which he laughed.

We also had an exchange on his Dad's front porch last night - nothing like an argument, I mean a conversation. You know, with words? And we were talking about high school and that one person you were seeing/dating that will likely always be "the one that got away" and I said "yeah, but if you had an opportunity to get together with x again right now, would you take it?" and he looked at me quite earnestly and said "G, I wouldn't trade you for anything. Nothing is worth losing you." He asked me if I remembered his toast at our wedding, I said yes. He said he realized he wasn't eloquent or poetic or anything, but he meant it. I told him brevity did not necessarily equal lack of poetry, and that I was glad he meant it, and means it still.

What he said was this. "To G, once my secret crush, then my best friend, and now my loving wife. Thank you for making me happier than I could ever imagine. I love you."

Anyway, a good time was had by all and we were silly and had fun. Below is photographic evidence of said silliness. A photo of ME & I being dorks for the camera.


2 Comments


How awesome that you have that kind of relationship with your FIL. I just get to take mine to debt counsellors. Wahoo.


I love tequila. Love it, love it, love it!!

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Party on Wayne...

Lo

P.S. Your hubby is such a smoothie!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.