0

Late bloom on spring cleaning

Posted by Slowplum on 8/15/2006 09:38:00 PM
SO and I have been cleaning out the house - garage, basement - preparing for winter and mostly wanting the basement empty so that we can start working on a rec room and a space for me and my eleventy bajillion projects.

In doing so we have upset a lot of spiders, and uncovered a lot of dust. I feel like I've got the black lung, if that gives you a better picture. I unearthed a box full of old notes and letters. Let me tell you, I am amazed that I absorbed ANYTHING in high school, as most of these notes were written back and forth in classes. What is amazing about this is, it's like I've found a missing part of my brain. I can read it and not only remember exactly what was being discussed in the notes, but I can remember the day we wrote them, whose handwriting belongs to who - it's amazing.

I also however must admit that there are some notes with cryptic references that no amount of memory-jogging will dislodge the answer. These notes have amused the hell out of SO as well - he keeps teasing me about "Who is A? And what are they talking about when they talk about you and J? And I didn't know you had a crush on so and so!". My own fault I suppose, I've taken to reading the funnier parts out loud. He said I should just fictionalize them somehow & turn it into a book.

For whatever amount of junk we've managed to give away or put in the trash, I cannot bring myself to let these scraps of memory go. So now I have to come up with a viable solution to store them & preserve my thoughts. Binder, perhaps? I'm not sure. It's a big fucking box.

Time to go putter around with site designs (not for me, I am really loving this red gig).

Am I the only packrat? Or are there others out there with boxes of notes and old diaries?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.