4

Shabby itemization of events that have transpired

Posted by Slowplum on 8/03/2006 12:04:00 AM
Still too tired to think, yet somehow I managed to revamp the blog. That's the way my mind operates, I guess.

My birthday - so I went to the spa on the day of and got legs waxified and etc. It was all good and not painful at all in spite of what most thought would happen it was no worse than getting a tattoo done.

I got to take a nap on that day too which was marvellous and needed to chase away the blues that were lurking underneath the surface.

The weekend was all planned for me. SO & our friends ME &JG took me to Toronto. There I was taken to Fionn McCools for brunch - delicious! We checked in to our hotel & then walked around King for a while. Then I was given the credit card & several hours of fun at the Eaton Centre, hurrah! We had a late lunch there & then walked back to our rooms, got ready for dinner. Dinner reservations were made for 9 pm at 360 in the CN Tower. We were dorks and got dressed up because what the hell, right? It's my 30th damnit & SO knows I hella love men in suits.

Because we were dorky & dressed up, we did not have to wait in a single line. Literally it was red carpet treatment and no waiting for our table or anything. We were seated by the window & got a magnificent view of the city all lit up at night. The dinner was superb as was the company.

The next day we spent a good portion of it at IKEA - Have I ever mentioned that I love IKEA? It's true. Then we came home & I snuck in another nap.

All in all, it was the best birthday ever, and I'm only really giving a bare bones account of the events, but trust me - it was. The best.

Mischief got taken in to the vet today to get declawed & spayed. I lost the "let's not declaw the kitty" battle - outvoted 3 to 1 in favor of it. Now I keep thinking of her while it's all stormy out and thinking the poor thing just got gutted and now she has to spend a night alone at the vet's in stormy weather. The poor dear.

Ok time to go to bed I guess - if I can get sleep I don't know but I'm going to try.

4 Comments


Love the new layout and I am glad you had a great birthday.


Your new blog is tres chicque!

Lo


Love the red. Happy birthday!


I think I have a tube of lipstick in this hue of red. Loving the orange-red.

Glad you had a great birthday because you were soooo looking forward to it. Welcome to your 30s: let the chin hair begin!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.