0

Da da da

Posted by Slowplum on 8/27/2006 08:18:00 PM
Party was fun and we ended up staying over and a good time was had by all. Woke up sleepy but semi-refreshed. I definitely could use some more rest though.

I have to work noon till 8 tomorrow - blech but what can you do right?

School is looming over like a happy little cloud. The kids are ecstatic but nervous.

I'll be happy to get them going again, but also sad. The first day of school always makes me a little sad, I see my babies growing up faster and farther each year. The little table becomes the little desk; becomes the bigger desk; becomes the home room; becomes the college dorm. Time is slipping through my fingers faster than I can blink.

Remember the box of notes and cards I found the other day? I went through it all and filed the stuff I wanted to keep. I started going through the cards and found the only thing I have left to remember my Dad's father by - a Christmas card, signed by him. I looked at his name for a good long while and then I cried a little. It was an unexpected find so it slapped me in the face like cold water. Maybe it was pms a little but even so. Oh how I miss him, even now.

I'm anxiously awaiting a call from my doctor to let me know when my gynecological appointment has been set up. Without getting into the details of why I went to my doctor in the first place, it's been discovered that I have some follicular cysts on my ovaries & fallopian tube and I have a retroverted uterus (that means instead of sitting straight it is tipped backwards). Follicular cysts are standard issue I suppose but they are concerned because of the history of reproductive issues including cancer on both sides of my family. My own mother had to have a full hysterectomy & ovaries removed not long ago due to a great many complications and precancerous cells on the cysts that had formed. I'm trying to be all blase about it and write it off as just a routine check up, bla bla bla but the truth is I am a little bit upset. Not scared. Just... disquieted, I guess. I'm so damn sick and tired of my organs giving up on me one by one and my doctor just shrugging as if to say "ah well what can ya do?"

Ok enough self-pity for one night. Off to the bath I go.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.