1

Holy cats! School's just around the corner!

Posted by Slowplum on 8/23/2006 08:45:00 PM
So it's Wednesday and I checked the calendar and lo and behold, school is a mere 2 weeks away. Where did the summer go?

The kids are just dying to go. Which makes momma very happy; I want them to like school. I'm hoping their social scene will be a bit less stressful - for K it should be because his friend T will be in class with him, "all day mum! For real! And I don't hafta wait till after school to play because he'll be there at recess!" For C we shall have to see. I'm going to make a point of stopping at the school & checking it out.

Memo to self: Kids have eye appointment tomorrow night. Eep!

Confession: we did not file our taxes until today. You read that right. There is a very long boring and convoluted story behind it. Rest assured that we weren't merely tax-evading slackers; WSIB was sort of gumming things up for us due to an injury that SO had while working at his job from hell (months prior to quitting and going to happy job). As a result I did not learn until today that I am getting a tax return this year. Huzzah! I was really worried about that because of my severance from my own job from hell, but apparently I gave so much to charities last year that it evened out plus the few courses I took put me in the very very green. So hooray! Just in the nick of time! SO is also miraculously getting a tax return this year. We don't know what we're going to do with it yet - it will likely be put towards starting our basement. Or we'll just save it and see. I don't know.

Other memo to self: pick up wish book tomorrow.

Ok off to take a bath and rest.

1 Comments


I must say, you actually make me feel better when you talk about about how you too are also a couple of procrastinators.

P.S. You will understand, something exciting is coming soon to a mailbox near you. Sometime a year, one month and several days is overdue.

Lo

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.