4

So tired... and KITTEN!

Posted by Slowplum on 12/18/2005 04:36:00 PM
The SO's Christmas party last night was an absolute blast. The food was fabulous and the wine was flowing and I don't remember the last time I had such a good time. We ended up saying to hell with it and stayed at the inn last night and got company rate of $60, woohoo! I'm kind of glad we stayed because there was no way I would have been able to crawl into a cab... haha.

I met some of JG's good friends and that was nice too, they are a lovely couple and we've made plans to get together some time in the new year.

I got my nails done yesterday as a treat to myself and I BROKE ONE already, snapped it on a chair tripping over someone at the party. Also a weird event: I set my glass of wine down on the table, I wasn't rough or anything and it shattered! I was kind of embarassed about that but the one server said it happened all the time in that room, she even had a bottle of wine break in her hands the one day. She said as long as I didn't cut myself it's all good. Which I didn't. Phew.

In other news: we got a kitten today! We haven't decided what to name her yet but she is sooo tiny and adorable, she's a grey stripe with just a few spots of light grey-brown... our friend's calico cat got out one day and came back pregnant with the grey Tom cat down the street! Haha! So the SO and kids went to get supplies... our friend was kind enough to drop her off with a new litterbox and everything which was a plus, but we still had to buy litter, food, a dish for the food, etc.

I said we should name it Smokey but the kids are hell bent on Paws, because one of her little paws is more brown than grey.

Now I have that song "When Smokey Sings" stuck in my head.

Time to toss together a dinner of some sort. Ugh. Don't want to look at food.

4 Comments


How about something like Fumo? Isn't that Portuguese for "smoke"? Just a suggestion.


"but the one server said it happened all the time in that room"

is the room haunted or something?

-ansate


Congrats on the feline addition to the family.

Lo


i wouldn't be surprised if the place was haunted.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.