0

FOUR MORE SLEEPS

Posted by Slowplum on 12/21/2005 10:18:00 PM
The kids are literally bouncing off the walls; have been since Tuesday. There is nothing I can say and no amount of mom type looks that will calm them down. Getting the kitten probably doesn't help.

Yeah, the kitten? She totally loves SO, but at night, who does she want? Me. When she doesn't feel like going to sleep yet, who does she bug? Yours truly. Who is feeding her? You guessed it.

She likes to perch on my shoulder like a little furry parrot, it's quite cute but a bit cumbersome when I'm trying to do stuff.

Kids had their Christmas concert tonight. K was just hilarious, belting out his song and doing the actions very exaggeratedly. He also seemed to be the only one of a few that actually bowed when everyone started clapping. Haha! Then he managed to talk a parent into bringing him back to where I was sitting w/everyone. I initially was asked to sit at the front to help his teacher, and SO immediately assumed it meant he could sit too, and then the JK teacher stepped up and told us to go to the back because we were taking up space. Ah me, such is life. C was very good as well and she always puts forth a lot of effort when it comes to any kind of performance. I love going to these things, the kids just crack me up and make my heart swell a little.

I did fifteen million tons of baking this afternoon and the result was I sent half of it to the school social tonight. We didn't actually make it to said after-concert social because my friend's aunt passed away over the weekend and the wake was tonight. I am so close with him that there would be no excusing my presence, it would be like not going to my own aunt's wake.

Such a terrible time of year to lose somebody. But she's better off now, cancer is a sonofagun and it's best she goes before she really starts to deteriorate, and is spared pain as well as her family being spared the pain of watching her die slowly in front of them.

Didn't mean for this post to be morose. Truly, I didn't.

My sister-in-law is coming over shortly so that I can dye her hair just before Christmas. Of course this should be interesting as my kitchen is a disaster area due to the baking and cooking supper spree and not having enough time to clean it all while simultaneously getting the kids ready, thanks a lot for the help SO, no no you just stay napping on the couch, really, I'll be ok. Grr.

Later folks.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.