0

mischief is her name

Posted by Slowplum on 12/19/2005 08:23:00 PM
We've all agreed to call her Mischief. It totally fits her and SO has already dubbed her "Missy" for ease of use. She has already become his little suck which is quite funny because he has always maintained that he is more of a dog person.

Day one with her was a bit uneventful; she slept mostly, to hide from the terrifying creatures trying to coddle her to death. When the kids were asleep and the house was quieter, she did a little exploring and found she was a brave kitty after all, and not at all afraid to plonk away at the (thankfully plastic) ornaments on the tree or rip away at the rugs.

She ended up snoozing with us of course, until about 1 am when C was coughing and coughing away, I got up to give her some meds and Mischief of course being on top of my belly was quite put out about the disturbance. The result was she expected to be played with for at least 45 minutes before cuddling on the couch with me to watch some TV until we both passed out.

C ended up staying home sick today, legitimately as her cough was quite terrible and she had a bit of a fever. She was delighted to have the kitten snooze with her on the couch.

K learned the hard way that she had claws because she tried several times to crawl up his pantleg. He was quite offended that her little scratchy parts were in such close proximity to his kneecaps; we reminded him that we did try to warn him that might happen.

All in all though the kids are very pleased with her, as am I. Tomorrow we go to register her with the vet and get her checked out. This should be an adventure as I have yet to purchase a cat carrier...

Tonight I went out with my brother and his significant other and SO of course, for dinner. We all agreed rather than exchange gifts it's nicer to just get together for dinner. It was a really pleasant time and we need to do that more often I think.

Ok time to rest or something, I'm still zonked from the weekend which is unusual and leads me to believe if I'm not careful I'll be next on the coughing list. Also Mischief is crawling up my leg.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.