0
Posted by Slowplum on 12/02/2004 06:37:00 AM
We had our first real snowfall on the first day of December. Little noses pressed against the glass and gleeful "SNOW SNOW SNOW MOMMMMMMM SNOWWWWWW!" was all I heard when the kids got up and then a squeal of "SANTA IS COMING SOON KNOW HOW I KNOW HUH HUH BECAUSE THE CHOCOLATE. CALENDARS. HAVE. STARTED!" and stomps with every word to emphasize.

There is something about the first snowfall that always tugs at my heart and makes me long to be a kid again. Before all the crap started and before I lost the magic of being that free.

My throat is still raw from the esophagal scope (that tube that looked like a vacuum hose from hell was apparently a tight fit... urk) but at least the sigmoid didn't leave me feeling too tender. Waking up from the nice little coma they put me into before doing any REAL testing, my first thought was, "so this must be how alien abductees feel". Honest to pete. Stuff oozing out of places it should never ooze out of and the feeling like "OMGWTF" and "where are my pants???"

The surgeon was nice enough to tell me they found no Chrohn's (however you spell that) so that is a bit of a "phew!" but they took a buncha biopses and we'll see how that goes. Next step: "HIDA Scan", which is less ominous than it sounds, promise. No weird preparing for that one at least, just a fasting.

Then on the 21st I will finally know if all that bullshit they have put me through turned anything up. If not... I don't really know what's next.

This is probably one of the longer posts I've made in some time. I just can't bring myself to write it all down and I feel no joy and I feel nothing. Nothing. I keep asking public questions to snap myself into feeling something vicariously through others. I don't really have a reason to be this way. Maybe it's just the season or maybe I'm just tired. I don't know.

Ok time to get the munchkins up and get ourselves to work/school/babysitters.

Ta.

G

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.