0

So...

Posted by Slowplum on 12/20/2004 06:42:00 AM
Showed up a little late on Fri. night to the company party because of the mad cleaning spree I'd indulged in the past couple days. Still I showed up and I must say I clean up real nice ;) Surprised the hell out of my mom & dad (Dad works for the same company in a different building) who fully expected me to wear something completely inappropriate. ANyway, I even won a door prize! Woo! Also collected my 5 yrs service award (nobody seems to count the previous 3 yrs to that five... bah) and had a very good meal and good time had by all. Still I missed SO (who had to work till late so could not come), especially when dancing.

Saturday was a good day. Except when mom came over first thing in the morning as I'd expected her to, and said "now don't take this as an insult, but" (and you know, any time she says that, it IS an insult,) "but what were you doing the past few days? This house is ridiculous" and then goes about RE-doing all that I'd done. I told her straight out "you may as well have slapped me in the face". So the minute she left at 10:30 am I cracked into a bottle of wine. Yes. I needed strength, because her whole family was coming over.

The turkey was SUPERB and everybody loved it and I am crowing like mad over that because I've never cooked a turkey in my whole entire life. It was tender and moist and everything a turkey should be.

Everybody seemed to be having a good time and for the first time since my grandfather died it felt ok and good and not tense at all. Maybe I was just too busy to notice... but I don't think so.

I was exhausted by the time they all left and run off my feet but ended up staying late talking with SO anyway. He'd been drinking pretty heavily so he did a lot more of the talking and I the listening and we laughed a lot but there were also a lot of things said that he doesn't usually tell me. It was nice.

Ok on to the quiz:



Beth
You're Beth March of Little Women by Louisa May
Alcott!


Which Classic Female Literary Character Are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.