0

meme from freyja

Posted by Slowplum on 12/15/2004 07:16:00 AM
yeah. so i have today tomorrow and friday off. WOO!



1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Installed hardwood laminate flooring

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven't made a new year's resolution in literally YEARS.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, several :(

5. What countries did you visit?
None, I suck

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job that isn't slowly killing me.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
april 13, the day frenchie died.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managing to not punch my daughter's teacher in the teeth while she smiled sweetly at me and told me that my child who is reading at a level higher than the grade 2's in her class (she is in grade one, in a split class) only got a b-, almost c, in reading, because "she wanted celeste to feel like she needs to be challenged to get a higher mark"

Ok honestly I guess my biggest achievement was helping to raise $3,000.00 for a little girl with an inoperable tumor, or maybe volunteering for the Walk for MS and being appointed Team Ambassador for the MS society for my area, or taking the time to show my kids what dawn looks like, or maybe it was just smiling at people who looked like they needed it, or helping to raise $10,000.00 for the heart & stroke foundation, or setting up a bingo at easter and using the funds raised to purchase spring coats to donate to the house of blessing, or the ten thousand other little things I do to try and atone for all the bad things I've ever done.

9. What was your biggest failure?
See number 8 haha. My biggest failure was putting up with a job I hate just because I've grown comfortable with the paycheck.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Whoa nelly I sure did.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My mind drew a blank, because I have no clue how to answer this. People keep track of their purchases?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family for reasons I shall not divulge.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My boss's, when he reacted so poorly to my asking for a day off so I could go to the funeral of a friend who died on the job at my workplace, whom I have known for years, and was probably one of the nicest people on earth.

14. Where did most of your money go?
bills, kids' needs, food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tons of things, I like the little things remember? Just read my freaking journal.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Any song that sticks out in my mind wasn't actually released in 2004, does that invalidate it?

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? depends on the day, I guess
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? comfortable.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
actual rest on my vacation days

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
complaining about my job when there are people out there who are homeless and would kill for my job.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
half-drunk, stuffing a turkey, cursing my family but somehow loving it. listening to elvis croon out "blue christmas" while my father sings along.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
i was already in love, does that count

23. How many one-night stands?
none

24. What was your favorite TV program?
TV is the devil!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Uh, I don't focus on hating people. So no.

26. What was the best book you read?
This year? Probably Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones"... Nothing else is coming to mind, but keep in mind I consume a LOT of books in a year...

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
None are creeping up.

28. What did you want and get?
I wanted more RAM and got some for my birthday (yes I'm a nerd shut up)

29. What did you want and not get?
A trip to Scotland. Damnit.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh Christ. I always get that all mixed up, I watch too many movies and can't remember when.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28 and I didn't do much, just dinner w/family. It was pretty laid-back this year. I do have a disaster story or two but those will keep for another time.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing the customs end of my job and not having to watch another family member die of cancer.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Comfortable and clean.

34. What kept you sane?
The same people that drove me nuts, kept me sane. Family of course.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Bill Murray! haha. I don't know. What's the point in a question like this? What am I, twelve?

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
What political issue *didn't* stir me? I don't like discussing politics.

37. Who did you miss?
Lots of people. Possibly even YOU!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Trevor because he is incredibly funny and always easy to work with.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Do not take those you love for granted. Tell them you love them constantly. Constantly.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.