0

NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN!

Posted by Slowplum on 6/02/2003 06:40:00 PM
OH MAN.

I had the best weekend I've had in a looooong time.

Friday night I spent the evening preparing the basket of goodies for everyone. Each of them got a different color that suited their personality.

In the baskets were: pedicure kits, one-try strawberry masks, one-try 2packs of foot soak/foot lotion, buttons with phrases that matched them (princess, rebel, angel and flirt), hair thingies, special glasses and crazy straws with flowers on them, stir sticks that had miniatures on the top that matched their drinking personalities, pens that matched the baskets, and tiaras. I think there might have been something else too but I forget what now.

I hid the baskets in my china cabinet (I even went so far as to tape paper over the glass so they couldn't peek in) and then wrapped up my gift for the girl shower. We each got a gift to do a blind exchange for. Then I made sure everything was set for the next day.

The next morning, the kids woke me up early as per usual. I then spent most of my morning alternately feeding them and cleaning the house. Then my mom came over and drove me crazy for an hour or so, re-cleaning what I had already cleaned. She knew it was family coming over and that I had done a good job, but she has this obssessive-compulsive thing and a classic Type A and she has to be in charge of SOMETHING and make sure things are clean even if it's already been done SHE has to do it or it isn't done right. ANyway. After all that stress I sat back a while and hung out with the kids.

Then V, J & L showed up. V had brought C a belated birthday gift (she is C's godmother) and she brought something little for K too. She bought C a Barbie and she got K a little plastic tube full of dinosaurs. Well! Guess what they fought over? That's right. The dinos. She also got them a puzzle book. So then K used J as a jungle gym for a while and C made J and L play dolls with her. Then C played school and made all of us draw what our dreams were last night (if we didn't think of anything, she told us what we dreamed. heheh). V had brought some vodka and jello so we made vodka/jello shooters. Some were raspberry and some were cherry. I threw them in the fridge so they'd be ready for the night.

Then we all walked the kids to MM & JM's (SO's parents) house which is around the corner. Then A showed up and we were ready to go! Except I needed to buy some supplies I'd forgotten for supper. So we mosied on over to Giant Tiger a few blocks away and got the food. J bought a cute little faux leather purse while we were there and A bought some rather comfy-looking red suede thong sandals. We headed back and got our acts together.

While I was cooking dinner, I gave the ladies their baskets and they seemed pretty delighted with it. Everyone wanted to change into their pj's right away, but SO hadn't come home yet from work so that idea went out the window till he could come get his things and go. We jabbered for a while alternately cooking and drinking, drinking and cooking. L threw on Serendipity because mmmm, John Cusack... I was hard-pressed to watch the food with so many distractions but I did it and it was good.

For supper, I made spaghetti & garlic bread (in spite of a previous majority vote for pizza) but totally forgot the salad. Oh well, we had plenty of food and we all ate until stuffed. Then SO came home and gathered up his things and let us be. I sent him off with some of the desserts which pleased him muchly. The minute he was out the door, we were in our jammies and slippers and were ready to party!

The desserts included fabulous cookies L made that initially were supposed to be nipple cookies but those didn't turn out (loooong story); "home-made" brownies from J; V supplied us with rice crispie squares and these skor type things made of almonds, a syrupified brown sugar sauce, and melted chocolate chips; A brought these delectable brownie/cheesecake hybrids; and I supplied fresh strawberries and whipped creme. Mmmmm. We gnoshed while drinking and all was well.

Then we did the blind gift exchange. The whole point behind it was that we all have a tendency to give and don't really do as much to spoil ourselves. So this way, we did both! We gave out and got spoiled all at once. Everyone picked a number and got the gift that had that number. The gifts were no more than ten dollars and wow! Some really nice stuff was bought! Everyone loved what they got.

We had some jello shots to celebrate the fact that J escaped having to celebrate another year with the emotional fuckwit she got rid of a while ago. We played poker for Pez. J and V had never played before. So of course we had some jello shots to celebrate their first poker game ever. Then we had some jello shots to celebrate the celebrating. J totally kicked all our asses at poker so she won the first prize (yes I prepared prizes).

Needless to say we were all feeling pretty good. We then had a foot soak and played a game I made up to make us tell secrets. It's based on Trogdor the Burninator. It goes like this:

There are hella lots of cards in a bucket. Some say "Burninate!" and some say "Sworded!" and only three say "Freedom!" Going clockwise, each of us would in turn pick a card. If it said BURNINATE we could ask anyone any question and they would have to answer and take a drink. If it said SWORDED anyone could ask you a question and you would drink. If it said FREEDOM everyone took a drink and you kept the card to cash in once if you didn't want to answer anything. Halfway through we mixed it up and then SWORDED and BURNINATE meant the opposite things. It didn't matter it was HILARIOUS and we were trashed and man oh man. A made us singapore slings and grasshoppers. They were yum. I have learned quite a few things this weekend and my cousins did too. We weren't *too* scarred from the experience though. heheheh

Then after Trogdor we did random guessing game type things and I gave out my other prizes and we drank some more and ate some more. Then we all got ready for bed, I forget what time it was by this time. I just remember it was really late. Moved the couch over, got out the futon cushion, everyone banded together in the same room in typical Slumber Party stylee, kind of like when we were kids. I didn't last long on the floor though and trudged up to bed after everyone fell asleep. Didn't get to sleep until around 3:30 - 4 am.

Then I was woken up at 5:15 by my alarm clock. CURSES! I had forgotten to shut it off the night before. Well. I was awake so I just sort of lay there a while. Shortly after that V came up to see me as she knew I'd be awake. Everyone else was sleeping. So we just sat there and talked a while until around hmmm, 9:30. Then we woke up the other ladies and we all had a fine breakfast of the leftover dessert from the night before. Mmmm.

We burned some CD's for each other and got all cleaned up. Then blah blah blah. I think I've typed enough. It was a great weekend! I'm so glad everyone had fun. I know I did!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.