0

should all mutter mutter such and such and so and so

Posted by Slowplum on 1/01/2003 10:26:00 AM
First: Thank you to C, for the postcard, M, for the book, and W, for the CD. Very appreciated and timely surprises! You made my week.

It's funny, usually I take this first day of the year and I reflect over the events and happenings of the year previous, then look forward on to the year to come, and then I stare blankly at nothing for a while, and then I think, "what's for breakfast?"

This year I've more or less skipped the first few steps. Why reflect on what has passed and consider what is to come when there are delicious smells coming from the kitchen? Hmmmmmm.

My New Year's Eve was spent quietly, mostly movie watching with my family, as we are all still under the weather. Although everyone else is on the mend, and I am left with all the sickly feelings just in time to go back to work. It's a mom thing. You put your illness aside to care for your loved ones. Then when they are better you wear it like a badge, cough and wheeze and all those other things while your family gives you sympathetic looks.

Possible lung infection and re-entrance of October's pneumonia bout is garnering more sympathetic looks than usual. Green gobs of goo have been coming up in abundance, and antibiotics, although pleasantly banana flavored, don't seem to be doing much in the help deparment.

Head feels fuzzy.

I wore a camoflauge shirt today.

Happy New Year.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.