0

friday the 13th

Posted by Slowplum on 4/13/2007 08:02:00 AM in , , , , , , ,
There are so many many things wrong in this story I don't even know where to start.

My chest feels like an elephant is sleeping on it. Woo.

Got my taxes done! Woo!

In a fit of niceness, I bought my mother-in-law a card that says I'm proud of her accomplishments. Because in spite of the fact that she drives me around the bend, I really am. She's doing well in school and has an A average, something she didn't think she could accomplish. Sometimes she's too hard on herself - she was upset because she only got 22/30 on the last test - um, hi? That's crazy talk.

My friend Hammer is going away on a cruise this weekend. I'm hella jealous but also very excited for her - she and her hubby definitely need "them" time.

If someone writes a paean about you, is it ok to be flattered?

C is listening to Avril Lavigne on her mp3 player right now. The kid is happier than a clam that I finally got around to downloading a bunch of her song requests - she had a list, see. But I kept forgetting (read: procrastinating) but then I remembered (read: found time at around 2 in the morning one night) and now she's a happy little kid indeed.

K is mumbling and bumbling about with his light-up sword we got him at Medieval Times a few weeks ago. It lights up all crazy-cool. Heck, I want a light-up Medieval Times sword!

Next weekend is that gathering thing my cousins and I do - I'm very excited! S is taking the kids to go clean up one of our local nature trails with his work. It's something they started last year, and it's a great program. The workplace does it to honor Earth Day and whatnot, they clean up the park all morning, go have some lunch and they even have prizes and little handouts for the most interesting garbage, the wackiest stuff, etc. Some of last year's haul included a hockey net, a toilet brush, the fan you find at the front of a schoolbus, half a boot, a tent, a roll of carpeting... there's more but I can't think of it right now.

ok, so i left this blog update thinger running for a few hours before remembering I had it up. Mea culpa. Let's post this puppy and go back to resting (stupid head cold)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.