0
Posted by Slowplum on 7/02/2004 01:34:00 PM
So Marlon Brando expired today.

A friend from work died of cancer last night. He was only 36. His kids go to school with my kids. The wake is on Sunday, funeral on Monday. He was a member of the maintenance team, which means those boys have lost two people now.

I have mixed feelings about funerals, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. So I'll be attending the wake to pay my respects. I don't know how well I'm going to handle seeing his children, as I have become a giant dysfunctional sap of late and will probably bite my lip until I'm in my car then I can cry like a big baby. Or somesuch.

The fireworks last night were spectacular, and I find it interesting that I was indeed thinking of him last night and wondering if his wife & kids went to see the show or stayed with him in hospital. He's been in pallative care for some time now...

I guess I took it for granted he'd pull through, because he was tough, he had a family that needed him, and all kinds of reasons to fight.

I'm sorry he had to go, but glad he didn't stay and suffer any more than he had to.

That's the crazy thing about cancer, it brings out these mixed feelings. I've seen too many people in my life die from it. I've seen a few live through it. I don't know what to think.

Now I'm off to collect my kids and go do fun things with them to cheer us all up.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.