0
Posted by Slowplum on 7/25/2004 10:08:00 PM
My grandmother on my Dad's side visited this weekend.

It was good, as I miss her and haven't seen her in a while; but also hard, because this weekend was the 6 yr anniversary of my grandfather's death. So she was pretty emotional, and truth be told so was I.

This is the grandfather that we ended up burying on my birthday. Because of that and ever since, my birthdays have a bittersweet twinge to them. Nothing like regret - just a little bit of empty.

In-laws had me over for supper today - a birthday type event for me. It was ok but before that I got hornswaggled into delivering avon goods to my mother-in-law's clients - took me 2 damn hours. Bleh. I don't even wanna go into it. But I told her I'd never do that again - ESPECIALLY WHEN: she asked me to go because she had a migraine, and couldn't drive - but then when I returned, I found she had gone out to the store shortly after my leaving and still hadn't returned! Grr.

Going up to Barrie again next weekend, as V has invited me over. I don't know what we are going to do yet. Probably for the better that way. Less to think about.

Don't wanna go to work tomorrow. I'm feeling sleepy. SO got to sleep in till 11 today, not sure why I was feeling so charitable on the matter, as I rarely, rarely get to sleep in myself. Le sigh.

Tuesday is my birthday.

Time to go to bed, and stare at the ceiling, and pretend like I don't care that my loved ones while well-meaning never quite get it when it comes to my birthday, and then maybe I'll stare some more, and try to get some sleep, or something. Maybe I'll read some. I don't know.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.