0
Posted by Slowplum on 7/20/2004 07:11:00 AM
First soccer game of the season to be played in nice weather last night, and I barely had enough team members to play on the field. (@&#@$^(@#^($&

The head coach was off on holiday as well, so even though I was suffering from a migraine, my hand was forced and I chased those kids up and down that field. One kid came in late, which allowed for at least one sub but I called time on the game a few times to give the kids water etc.

There are some really good players on the team, but there are also some really, really whiney ones. The kind you'd love to just throw off the field and not let play again. Because they are too busy hanging off of your pantleg to bother trying to get the ball. But their parents insist on their participating in the sport they are loathing.

What ruins the game isn't the kids, it's the PARENTS.

These kids are only six, so I don't get too frazzled when they just want to hold hands skipping or pick daisies. But I do get frazzled when I'm told how to coach them "you should be making them play or doing this or doing that" UH I DO NOT THINK SO BUDDY AND IF YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU COACHING HUH? HUH?

Also I'm pretty sure the president of the youth soccer association is crazy. She tried making my kids play in a lightning storm. Half these kids are afraid of RAIN. I called the game and arranged with the other coach to spend Monday's practice on a rematch. If miss bitchy president didn't like it, too bad.

Rar.

My baby boy turns 4 on Wednesday. Wow. We are getting him a new bike. We are also taking him and my daughter to the zoo on the weekend. He loves animals more than anything except maybe dinosaurs so he will be in his glory.

I suppose this is enough stalling before work. Time to go. Have a good day, all.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.