0
Posted by Slowplum on 6/30/2002 08:33:00 AM
So I started training a new guy yesterday to take my place. He is young, gads, only 18. Cripes. He is also the first guy to ever do this job. It's always been girls.
 
After work I had to rush to get myself together to go to my friend JD's wedding. I ended up going alone because of babysitting issues. It was a lovely wedding and JD looked gorgeous, as did everyone. I took my daughter to the church with me, she was pleased as punch that I did so. But I sent her back home afterward.
 
The reception was good as well and fun. Except I was lonely for SO. I hate going to functions alone sometimes, I always get the "where's SO?" question and then the raised eyebrow as I try to explain the situation. Some people are vultures circling, waiting for something bad to happen so they can feed on it.
 
M scraped up her leg bad falling down the steep hill at the Vic Inn (where reception was at) parking lot. It was pretty nasty, but after a few drinks in her she felt fine hehehe. I sat at a table with some people I haven't seen in a long while, that was good. The funny thing about weddings is that there is of course the inevitable wedding talk among couples who are and are not married. The couples who are married inevitably warn the couples who are not married to ELOPE! DO IT! FORGET THE WEDDING STUFF!
 
Personally, I wanted to elope to Las Vegas and get married there, but, hmmm how can I explain this? My father had been dreaming about walking his daughter down the aisle and celebrating with family and friends since the day I was born. How could I possibly not grant him that?
 
In any case, a good time was had by all. Instead of clinking plates or singing songs about love to get the couple to kiss, we had to go up and tell a story about them or tell a joke. I found that to be a much better option. I went home early, however, because I was still tired from the night before (my son still having issues getting used to his "big boy bed").
 
Today I actually get the day off, WOO.
 
But Monday I work 7am-11am and then back in from 3pm-11pm. Fuckers. I am gone from their clutches in 2 weeks. Holy wow. Two weeks!
 
Ok. Time to do things.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.