0

Tuesday's child is full of

Posted by Slowplum on 3/21/2006 07:58:00 AM
I was born on a Tuesday, which is pretty dang funny when you think of it.

The weekend in TO was wonderful and just what the doctor ordered. SO & I had a fabulous time and the play was pretty good too. There were a few issues I had with it but I got over them well enough. Frodo & Sam were absolutely brilliant and the chap who played Gollum was magnificent. Gandalf could go suck an egg for all I cared, it felt like he kept forgetting his lines and he just wasn't fit for the part. The set was dazzling and costumes were lovely. We were ninth row in which was just close enough but just far enough. They touched on parts in the book that the movie didn't, which was a little refreshing, but probably also on purpose. Oh, and the lady who played Arwen was trying way too hard. If I had to guess I'd say she'd be more suited to operas and the like.

SO & I agreed we need to do these sorts of things more often. The couple we went with are like-minded people for the most part which added to the fun. We found a delightful Irish pub on King st and spent the rest of our evening there telling stories & carrying on... yes, in suits & dresses, haha. Got peculiar looks about that at first but none of us cared.

He hinted that he was planning a getaway for my birthday this year, it is my 30th and he wants to do something special, so hurrah for that and here's hoping he actually does it.

Work is going well, I'm growing more accustomed to some things but there's just. so. much! I'm answering the phones on my own no problem though, however my 3 bosses (yes, 3) are all hyperactively listening in on my phone calls, which has led them to actually cause the person on the other end to hang up because they hear so much clicking when I'm greeting them they think it's a bad connection! I don' t mind them listening in but really, it's a bit distracting and I'd get more out of it if they just left well enough alone and let me do what I need to do.

K & C really like the new babysitter which is a huge relief. They spent the entire March break with her & woke up hella early every morning just dying to go there. So hooray for that!

Last night I helped the mil organize her WSIB claims.... she has had 7 in the past 7 yrs... it was a LOT of work because the claims were all just lumped together in one big pile. By 7 pm I managed to finally get it all organized. We ended up eating dinner over there, sloppy joes which is probably my least liked meal but by 7 I was so hungry I didn't care. Seriously, SO loves the crap and I cannot stand it, but it's good in a pinch.


Ok time to get the kids going.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.