0

The rest of the 100 things.

Posted by Slowplum on 3/25/2006 12:37:00 PM
So where was I? Oh yes.

49. Whenever I'm sick I crave Pop Tarts. Specifically, the strawberry flavored kind.

48. I really really really hate Neo Citron. SO used to get it for me when we were dating and I had a bad cold, he thought he was being all nice and I actually hated it and told him so. He made me drink it anyway and I would never admit it to him, but it really does work but I still hate it.

47. When I was about 5 or 6 I used to love squishing the middles of Daddy Longlegs bugs with a stick, just to see their legs twitch all over the place. Sadistic or what?

46. I have dyed my hair every imaginable color, to the point that I'm surprised I even have any hair left.

45. Every so often I think about a boy I knew in high school and had a slight crush on but never admitted I had a crush on him. What is interesting about this is, usually I will end up running into him somewhere a day or so after I've randomly thought of him.

44. It made me really sad when they said Michael Jackson was not guilty.

43. In spite of the fact that I hate twangy country-sounding songs, one of my favorites is Blue Rodeo's "Bad Timing".

42. I once lived with SO's ex, for an entire school year. It was torture and hell on both sides. I would not recommend this to anybody. The hows and whys of it are a very long story, meant for another day.

41. I am proud of the fact that my daughter comes to me with her troubles and feels she can trust me with them. I hope we always have that sort of communication; I think we will. This was one of the promises I made to myself when I was younger, because my own mother and I had a very volatile relationship and I never felt I could go to her with anything. Things have changed somewhat over the years as I got older, but for the most part I still am skittish about sharing things.

40. When I was pregnant with my daughter I used to crave and eat pickles with sweet n sour sauce & mayo on toast. I also could not stand the taste sight or smell of pizza so SO had to go a very long time without eating it - torture for him as it is his favorite thing to eat.

39. I like the smell of gasoline.

38. I have a slow-boiling temper but once the button is pushed, WATCH OUT.

37. I don't tend to hold grudges much. The ones I do hold though I feel I am in the rights, and eventually I let those go as well.

36. Every April I crave orange creamsicles. My best friend in high school JMc used to say that spring never started until I had that first creamsicle. You could set your time by it.

35. Only JMc seemed to understand my unhealthy high school obsession with Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mostly because JMc was a bass player.

34. I once corresponded with the bass player from another rock band; it was through correspondence with him that I got the smarts and courage to get out of a very bad relationship. I have not spoken with him in a great long while, which goes to show you that saying is probably right. You know, the one about how people are in your life for either a reason, a season or a lifetime. He was there for a reason and a season.

33. Sometimes when I'm angry I throw dishes and it makes me feel better but also a little embarassed and wishing I hadn't done it while I clean it up. (Usually nobody is around to see this)

32. Another habit I have is when I'm really, really angry about something, I clean my oven. The scrubbing is of the sort that calms me down after a while. I was very sad when mom gave me her old self-cleaning oven. Now I've resorted to scrubbing the pipes under the sink.

31. I love to feed people. I get a great deal of happiness from watching people sit and enjoy something I have prepared for them.

30. Up until the age of 24 I had never tasted a cherry. When I did I declared I never would again; I don't like its texture, reminds me too much of the texture of olives.

29. I am a big texture eater so I also do not like mushrooms for those reasons.

28. My favorite ice cream is New York cherry cheesecake, but only the Nestle brand because it is guaranteed not to have actual cherries in it so much as it has the cherry sauce. The reasons for this should be obvious.

27. I'm not much of a cake person unless it is carrot cake. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I could eat that until the cows come home.

26. I love music. Love love love it. It's in the blood I think. Sometimes a tune will be playing and my feet can't help but start tapping or my fingers start drumming or my mouth start humming. A good tune and lyric can move me to tears or laughter or both.

25. That being said, specific songs now remind me of specific people. It is like their memory is coded into the song.

24. The smell of camphor turns my stomach.

23. I think when I'm older I wouldn't mind living in a nursing home, but only if I didn't have serious health issues. Except there's that smell of lingering death I don't know if I'd like that. I just find the open-concept community appealing.

22. I love to read. I can't remember the last time I didn't have a book on the go.

21. My favorite treat to get at Christmas time is Tofiffee. Seriously. Mmm. And Lindor Chocolates, I love those too.

20. One food I crave a lot is spaghetti. It is a comfort food of sorts.

19. I love David Bowie. He is hella sexy even now, at 59. I don't care that he's old enough to be my father.

18. I also have a celeb crush on John Cusack.

17. I always get a headache when I get slurpees because I'm too stupid to take my time consuming them.

16. I am a nail-biter. It's a habit I've fought with my entire life.

15. I've kept almost every journal I've written in from when I was little up until now.

14. I was into a size B bra at the age of 12.

13. I do not find the number 13 unlucky at all.

12. One of my favorite movies is the Shawshank Redemption. I owned the movie for 2 years before actually watching it. It was still in its wrapper even! Then when I finally watched it at SO's insistence, I loved it.

11. I also think Val Kilmer is pretty nifty. One of the first films I saw him in was "Real Genius".

10. The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Disney's animated film "Cinderella". We took my grandmother with us and she laughed so hard she almost peed.

9. Sometimes I will put on sad films on purpose just so I can cry.

8. I love thinking games, I have tons of variety puzzle books and will pick through them at my liesure.

7. When my mother's father died, I did not attend the funeral. I do not regret this in the least but it has put me on the outs with her siblings.

6. I can draw the Simpsons.

5. I own the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" specifically for the scene in the Crab Shack when Rupert Everett is singing "Say A Little Prayer".

4. It is a dream of mine to tour Europe someday. Specifically I'd like to see Scotland, Wales & Ireland.

3. I eat my steak as rare as you can get it. This disgusts most people I know but I don't care. It's so damn yummy.

2. I do not feel the least bit guilty when I eat veal.

1. One day I would love to travel into outer space.

There! I could probably write 100 more things, but why waste the time and bore the few people that read this to tears?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.