1

huh.

Posted by Slowplum on 3/16/2006 07:22:00 AM
So after literally a few years of radio silence and not much more communication than annoying email forwards on her part, my friend T sent an actual email apologising for not keeping in touch and then mentioning that she is pregnant again, and her baby is due the day after my birthday. I emailed her back and explained that I also did not keep in touch more thoroughly, and that our friendship was better than that, and of course I was happy for her, bla bla bla.

While I am excited for her as I know she has always wanted lots of kids, I am sort of worried too because part of the reason why we weren't more in touch was because I cannot stand her husband. He is boorish and rude and altogether too bossy over her time & money for my tastes. Love is love I guess but I can't stand watching someone degrade their life partner in public and think that it is ok to do so. T deserves better but she'll never believe that. Vicious cycle.

My cousin L & her hubby JC came down a couple of weeks ago for dinner, and we had a marvellous time. SO really likes JC and they got into the vino and bonded over cards. L cannot play euchre to save her life the poor lamb but she was a good sport about it and I could care less if I win or lose at that game, so long as we're all having fun. The kids were especially excited about the visit because they just adore L and pounce on her the minute she walks in the door. Little K made "prepations" all morning waiting for them; he & C have gotten into making necklaces and things out of these buttons I bought at the fabricland for a dollar a bag. As soon as L came in he dragged her to the kitchen so they could make one together for her. Then he felt that JC must feel left out so he made one especially for JC. He kept calling JC "Jack" (not his name) and JC took it like a soldier and just let himself be known as Jack for the night. By the time they left both JC and my SO were pretty red-faced with the wine and looking starry-eyed. I hope they come again soon to visit or we go there sometime soon. I love spending time with them.

Speaking of visits, my cousin A came from Halifax to visit last weekend (she's staying at her mother's for the March break and wanted to come see me a day or two). It is always wonderful when she visits and much too far between the visits for either of our liking but such is life. We had a warm gathering and lots of food and wine and laughter. I missed A like crazy and was so very glad to see her.

Work is going well. I'm getting a better grip on things but I'm still by no means ready to answer any question that gets thrown at me. I realize that comes with time but I sometimes get frustrated with my lack of knowledge. What I find tremendously funny is that I can explain the hardest thing to explain (accounts under suspense, the hows and whys of it) but the easier things are lost on me. Ah well, it will come in time.

This weekend I'm going out with SO to see LOTR on stage. It should be interesting and for all accounts funny as hell because he doesn't know that it's a musical yet, bwahahah. We are going with mutual friends of ours, ME & JG (the same JG that was living with us a while, and the same ME that recently split up with her hubby). I for one am just looking forward to the mini-getaway, and could care less what we do, but I know SO was anxious to see the show and I think it will be fun. We're staying overnight in the city so we don't have to worry about driving home afterward. Let's see if I actually manage to sleep in; I'm guessing no because my inner clock is wired to wake me up at 6:30 every morning come hell or high water.

The new babysitter is working MARVELOUSLY with the kids; they can't wait till the next day to go to her house again, which is a great sign, and there have been fewer squabbles, which is a miraculous thing. They're bringing home little crafts and drawings every day, and bragging about what they got to do. I showed new babysitter the prospective babysitter's "contract", and new babysitter hooted over it. Literally hooted. She said it was obvious that a lot of it was taken from an ECE text, and the stuff she made up didn't even make sense or jive with the text stuff, and she was glad I wasn't sending my kids there. My cousin A who is working in the field also found her document to be rather sketchy, and wondered that the woman got anyone's kids at all with it.

More to say, not enough time to say it. I am hoping the nicer weather comes back to stay soon. This winter thing is depressing.

1 Comments


Life is really too short and there are definately not enough button necklaces.
Lo
P.S. J and I were visiting Grandma last weekend on Sunday to make sure she was okay. J insisted we stop off at the deli and get some sausage. it was oh so yummy. you can yell at me later for what you are thinking right now. :)

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.