0

weird dream & update

Posted by Slowplum on 7/10/2006 04:30:00 PM
I dreamed it started to snow (yes in July) and the car got stolen, and I had to herd the kids out of this decrepit building. And there was a man there trying to help me but actually hindering me. The man had a sinister reason for this - but I can't remember what it was.

I just remember it snowing and I was wearing a long black coat and gloves and I thought it was perfectly natural to be snowing, and it was the quiet kind of snowfall you get in winter. When the air is still and you scarce want to move because the silence is so beautiful you don't want to ruin it with even your breath.

And that suddenly it was chaos around me and trying to hold onto my kids and their coats and a bag and all sorts of nonsense, trying to get through a crowded corridor full of junk and this man pulling me back trying to get me to go another way when I knew damn well there was no other way.

And I finally got out and the car was gone and the police had yellow tape all over the place and they asked me to "come here ma'am, we need to ask you a few questions" and then I woke up.

Penicillin does that to me I guess.

(Why penicillin you ask? Because old man Strep came knocking at my door, and my poor tonsils were suckers and let him in again).

So I ended up missing work on Friday due to the sore throaty ouchiness and the not getting any sleep worrying about the cat and the migraine from hell. The nice doctors at the hospital patched me up though & all was well.

Thursday night was good as I always enjoy T's company & it had been a great long while since we'd last got together for anything. I think the last time I even saw him was when my sis-in-law's ex committed suicide, which was over a year ago now.

We went to Pazzo and I held fast to my self-made promise of drinking only from martini or margarita glasses (whether it be alcohol or not) and ordered a few Parisiennes. Damn, son. They were tasty. The pizza was also good but as usual I couldn't finish mine. The conversation was better and I find I could likely never be full up in that matter.

We ended up talking back at my house until I don't know, 10 or so? (And 15 minutes after he left little Mischief made her great adventure of derring-do by manipulating the screen on the kitchen window with her little paws and squeezing out while I was changing laundry. Now you see her nowyou don't. I felt her abscence before I actually observed it. I've already chronicled my feelings on the matter and she's back now, so no more re-hashing of that). I felt sort of bad for taking up all of his time as he'd had an appointment elsewhere but he ended up rescheduling it.

It is no great secret that the rest of her family regrets her ever parting company with T. I am sure part of her also regrets the events but what is done is done, and there is no sense discussing that any further, but sure as sure can be, she also has no issue with my remaining friends with him. We are all adults here and besides, it's nice to have male friends because there are times when you just want the male perspective on things.

Since I know I'll get an email about it, there is no hanky-panky going on here, and yes I am perfectly aware that it is probably seen as very weird to still remain friends with one of your sister-in-law's ex-boyfriends. The only opinion in this matter that means anything to me is SO's, and he's cool, so I'm cool. We cool? Cool.

I'm half-way done another Jayne hat, and have requests for another after that. My next project is from knitty.com, and I'm pretty excited about it... just need to purchase the yarn really. Knitting on the round is awesome and hooray!

SO just informed me we are going to Red Lobster tonight - hurrah! I love Red Lobster. We almost never go because SO hates most seafood. ME suggested it and JG has never gone, and ME knows I love it so she pestered JG to convince SO to take me & the kids along as well. So yay! This day just gets better & better.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.