0

Holy update, Batman!

Posted by Slowplum on 7/17/2006 08:13:00 PM
Fasten your seatbelts, this is going to be a long ride.

Last week my computer went kablooie, likely from all the mini-outages that this town has been experiencing lately. The power supply went poof. SO was kind enough to call his friend to come fix it, but he couldn't come until Sunday.

Saturday we took K & C and K's friend T to the Children's Museum, as a special birthday treat for K. K's actual birthday isn't until the 21st but he really wanted to do something with T so we compromised and made plans for the weekend before. They had a blast at the museum and then we went to East Side Mario's for lunch, because that's K's favorite place to eat. The boys split a few loaves of garlic bread between them, drank more than SO and I and C combined, and had little chicken nugget wars with their nugget buddies (the nuggets were shaped like different things - planes, dinosaurs, animals, etc). T got K a cool Lord of the Rings game that you plug into the television and you get to swing an actual (plastic) sword while sensors go off and "hit" the monsters. T's mom (my friend who writes a bag of hammers) made him a t-shirt with the saying "The Precious Made Me Do It" on it which K thought was pretty darn cool. So all in all a great day was had by all.

BUT! My Saturday was not finished! I managed to sneak in a nap Saturday afternoon, and got woken up by my in-laws' calling wanting to take the kids to a movie. So they took the kids. SO & I spent some quality time together and then the phone rang - ME calling telling me she and JG got in a huge fight, and would I come over so she could vent? I said sure, got SO to drop me off. But on the way there something wasn't adding up - if they'd got in a fight, JG would surely have called SO... SO shrugged it off and said ME probably just beat him to it.

I got to ME's house, came in and she said "You know what, I'm such an ass" and I said "Why?" and she said "Come on in I'll tell you why" and guess what??!?! She had a spa night arranged! She had a lady come from Orchard Valley Spa come and give me a manicure and painted my toes and I got a foot soak and the whole nine yards. They also surprised me with hair dye and dyed my hair. (It is a mark of how well ME knows me that she knew exactly what color to pick.)

All of our mutual friends were there as well, some of my favorite treats were waiting and I was basically spoiled all night. It was a lovely surprise and it truly was a surprise - something that is difficult to pull on me as I'm pretty quick on the draw. ME & LS planned the whole thing and SO was in on it - he said he was a wreck by the end of the week as was the kids' babysitter (she knew too) because they had to interact with me every day and couldn't say anything.

They had bought me a new pair of pj pants - pink with little green frogs all over it. We also each had a t-shirt made, mine of course saying "young 29" on the front and "30 - old hag" on the back. the t-shirt had a double-duty as it prevented me from ruining the shirt I wore over with hair dye. They also made me a penis vodka jello mold with candles in it instead of the traditional birthday cake. Photos may or may not have been taken of me blowing them out. It's a bit of a blur.

I didn't get home until 2 am, ME came along as sure enough JG was at our house playing Bacci with SO. ME & JG went home shortly after and I was so wound up I didn't end up falling asleep until 4 am. THe kids came home around 9 and we spent most of our Sunday just lazing about.

All in all it was a terrific weekend and I'm so very glad for it.

SO took the kids to the beach today, and they came home all brown and sunkissed. While momma is pale as pale can be. I keep trying to tell them skin cancer is no longer hip but nobody will listen. haha.

Ok time to go soak in a tub I think.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.