1

subject here

Posted by Slowplum on 6/13/2006 06:51:00 AM
The weekend was good, kids had an excellent time at L's house. K actually got J's name right this time around as well. The kids were all over their black lab, Lilly. Lilly's a nice dog but prone to the occasional misadventure.

I'm really glad SO gets along with L's hubby, as it makes visiting much easier - there isn't any awkwardness and "so... do you like.... stuff?" that usually goes on when talking to the significant others' of my friends & family. I think that's part of why he was kinda happy about JG & ME getting together - he was already friends with JG, so there's no weirdness when the 4 of us get together, it's all good. Don't get me wrong it isn't for lack of trying on SO's part to get along, it's more or less that he finds he has little in common with most of them. He's not a sports freak and knows only a bare minimum about cars. He's a quiet type and just needs time mostly to find the same wavelength.

SO woke me up at 5:30 to ask me what his email password was. As a result I have this lingering groggy feeling washed over me. I have a feeling he asked me because he was setting up whatever it is we are doing for my 30th & requires email to verify booking. Since we made the switch from sympatico to rogers he hadn't used his email yet, so wasn't sure what the password was, etc.

Yow. 30. I really can't fathom it. Some of my friends will go "30? Pah! Amateur!" but some will say "Eeeep, 30! Are you devastated? That's so... OLD!" To C & K 30 is about a million years old. K actually had put in this mother's day card about me that I was 17... hahaah... to him that's old. On the father's day card he did for SO last year he put that his dad was 35. That makes me laugh to no end because I'm actually 2 yrs older than SO.

Aging aside, I always approach my birthday with a generous helping of trepidation, as something always seems to be off or go wrong. Accompanying this feeling is a twinge of grief - we buried my grandfather on my birthday, something I am not likely to forget any time soon. It might not have affected me so had I been much younger, but I was 22, had just had my first child a few months previous, and had seen him deteriorate as cancer overtook him. Don't get me wrong - my days and nights are not consumed with the grief - but I am prone to a little sadness come my birthday because of it.

Enough of that though, it doesn't happen for another month.

Time to go get some breakfast together for the kids and gather my thoughts for the day.

1 Comments


30? Pah! Amateur!

Welcome to your new life of chin hair and slow metabolism, child.

And my boy had me pegged at 30 on my Mother's Day card. However, as he's giving it to me, he said, "I think I got the age wrong. Aren't you really 61?"

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.