0

so the decision is...

Posted by Slowplum on 2/24/2005 06:43:00 AM
First off, thank you for responses and/or advice. I find it a little funny that the answer was a unanimous "QUIT!!!".

I've decided I am probably going to quit my job... but not for a few months yet. I have a few things that require more money than I'd make elsewhere, ie) some weddings and my parents' surprise 30th anniversary bash. I'm being pretty level-headed about this I think. I am also going in to the bank today to set up a separate account in which I will deposit 1/3 of my paycheck from now until the point I quit, which will likely be sometime in September or maybe even August if I can get away with it. This will provide me with some cushion should I have difficulty finding something part time at first.

SO and I need to sit down and discuss our finances a little more clearly as well so we can set out who is going to be responsible for what from this point forward, etc. He is being eerily calm about all of this while I am having little panic attacks inside about whether or not this is the right thing to do. It takes courage to quit outright and I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to quitting (my tenacious soul refuses to give things up sometimes because it makes me feel like, well, a quitter).

I ended up going home from work at 10 am yesterday due to a head-splitting migraine, and you know, for once I didn't feel guilty about leaving. My feelings have changed pretty monumentally when it comes to work now. I no longer feel the impulse to give 140% of my energy to it, because it gives nothing back to me but a paycheck and benefits. I'm tired of being their little doormat (I know that sounds melodramatic, but trust me, I was/am).

People have noted that something is different too - a good example would be when CD sent me a bill of lading with 25 parts on it, no country of origin information, no pricing, weights completely off (15lbs for 15 pens? GIVE ME A BREAK) and I just emailed her (which I never do, I hate emailing coworkers for things when the phone is 1 foot away) and gave her the run-down of what I needed. She responded with they were all made in Canada and made up phony pricing.

I then forwarded it to my boss in Novi (who has been really nice to me since my return - too little too late) who said he'd bet anything she was lying and I should call her on it. Well I did and she ended up saying forget it she wouldn't send it now because it wasn't worth the hassle - well no fucking shit lady. She's lazy as all hell and usually expects me to do all the hunting information down etc which takes up a great deal of time - and I refuse to do it anymore.

She called me later and asked me what the problem was - I told her that I was sick of expending more time than necessary on non-value-added shipments (they hate it when I slip in the managerial craptalk) and that in a company that embraces Lean values and the 6-Sigma regimen, it was foolish to waste time and effort on this. I was taking my time back for more important issues and that if she wanted something shipped, she would do it the right way, the first time around. She hung up on me.

I am dying to see if she bitches to my boss... something tells me she won't though because she knows I'm in the right here.

Anyway, off to work with me.

p.s. I got a new lunch pail! A black metal one that is awesome!!! And it only cost me 5 bucks!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.