0

stuff and things.

Posted by Slowplum on 8/11/2004 10:38:00 PM
so in the past little while I:

- volunteered my time for a benefit dance for a little girl with an inoperable brain tumor & her family

- messed up the mayor & councellors w/whipped cream during said benefit to raise funds

- received a gift from my sister-in-law consisting of pink fuzzy slippers, a pink thong w/fuzzy tail, pink garter w/fuzzy on it, satin pink dressing robe.

- sent out a birthday present to my cousin L via a third party site (hopefully she will be receiving said parcel shortly)

- gave my mother a kitch-y birthday card and the movie "something's gotta give" and some little pieces of art that she absolutely adored ("you always get the coolest gifts, peach" - high praise indeed from her, believe you me)

- went and visited my friend SMc on her birthday because she was home alone - her hubby was working and she didn't have a sitter for their son. she nearly fell over when i called her, it had been that long since we'd talked. she said it was spooky how i always had the knack to know just when i needed to appear again in her life. heh.

- bought one of [info]halspal's books

- visited my cousin in barrie for my birthday. she made home made lasagne & salad and we had ice cream cake and oh my i was full and happy. she kept bugging me about what i wanted to do and couldn't fathom how i could just be content sitting in her apartment, not saying much, watching sopranos reruns and drinking. it just felt so very, very good to unwind for a change with no obligation to anything or anyone.

- joined the local Y and signed up for some classes. enough of this being out of shape crap.

- was nicer to myself than i have been in a long, long time.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.