0

*sigh*

Posted by Slowplum on 8/19/2004 06:14:00 PM
at 2 am this morning my mom's cousin RC's husband succumbed to stomach cancer. cancer has destroyed more people in my life than i can even begin to articulate. VG was a terrific person and kind and wonderful; RC even more so. they were best man and matron of honor at my parents' wedding.

they were among the first in my extended family to congratulate me when i was pregnant with my first child. they were among the first in my extended family to try and make my other half feel welcome. vg was always laughing and telling jokes and making you feel like being around him was a gift, you know? and that gift has been taken away.

and maybe i'm a little angry right now because, like i said, i've lost a lot of loved ones to cancer, and i'm sick of it. and maybe i'm a little sad.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.