0
Posted by Slowplum on 8/27/2004 06:53:00 AM
last night went out to dinner with some friends, it was JK's birthday so we went to Falstaff's where I delighted my taste buds with rare steak, spring vegetables and baked potato.

Then it all unravelled when a certain person I haven't seen or talked to in a while shows up and gives that bitchy "I hate you but I suppose I'll just smile at you" smile and kept glaring over at me every few minutes. I haven't done a single thing to her and I don't know where the animosity comes from; I just know I don't have the time for shit like that and was about to say something evil when instead I just waved sarcastically and said "yeah good to see you" and she was going to bite back some scathing comment but I cut her off at the pass by talking to someone else.

Because I love JK so much, to diffuse the situation, I left.

And went right over to another bar where my other half was hanging out eating chicken wings with the boys. I snuck in a different entryway and bribed the bartender to send them an anonymous pitcher, from bonton. The bonton thing is a huge inside joke between them that would take to long to explain, but trust me, it's funny. I then drove around a while and came back to see if he & his father wanted a ride home instead of taking cab. They didn't of course and he immediately knew it was me that sent out that beer. Told me to have a seat while they drank some more, so of course I did.

His friend JG kept hitting on me to try and get a rise out of him but he wasn't biting, which really really pissed JG off. heheheh Then the evening turned to a point where they were shouting to try and speak over each other's voices, so I sat back and sort of laughed and lit up one of JG's cigarettes. Which of course shocked SO's father as he'd never seen me smoke before.

SO's father: *blink* When did you start smoking?
me: oh, about 18...
his dad: Really? I've never seen you do this before
SO: That's because she doesn't get away with it too often.

At this point he gives me a meaningful look like "yer lucky you bought me a pitcher woman" and of course I responded by jabbing him in the ribs with my elbow. To piss SO off, JG wraps an arm around me and says "Poor baby he won't let you smoke, you can have all the cigarettes you like just take them, go on" and SO gave him a purple nurple in response. hahaha. This is how these two interact on a regular basis. We jokingly call them the Grumpy Old Men.

SO really, really hates the habit and I've been really good about not doing it, but some days, you just cannot help it.

I had taken the day off yesterday and took the kids to London to shop for school clothes & other necessities. Then we went to McDonald's for lunch so they could play in the playplace. Then we went to a friends' home where there are four sons, aka "The Four Boys' House, mum". On the way to my parents' home where they kids were staying last night and today, C gave out a huge sigh. I asked her what was wrong she said that her head was all mixed up. I asked her why she said "There was too much good stuff today, mom, it's all mixed up in there. Do you think mootie will make me a tea? That might make me feel better." Then she went into this really long explanation about the brain and stuffing too much goodness in there all at once causes one to have a headache. Then K had to pipe up with "Yeah me too" every couple of minutes. They are so cute.

Ok enough procrastinating, time for that work type thing.

Hope you are happy, JPk, I finally posted something.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.