0

wherein the subject bores her audience to death.

Posted by Slowplum on 12/01/2003 06:56:00 PM
I am too blah to bother keeping up with the following things:

-memes
-quizzes
-more memes


So yeah I was in a car accident a few weeks ago, nothing too serious but it left me pretty shaky. The car is fine, just scratched paint on the fender but you shoulda seen the other car, the side all dented in. What are the chances I'd have hit a car of the exact same year and model as mine? Yeah. I'm oh so lucky like that. Now I know what kind of death trap I buckle my kids into all the time. :\ What happened was the car came out in front of me and I couldn't help but hit it. The other lady is fine and so am I and thank god it was in a grocery store, yay for private parking lots meaning no police charges! Once SO found out I was ok he was rather cranky I didn't "wreck the car more" because then we could have "Got a new one". Bah. Men.

Anyway, I'd have written about that before, but the dsl died. IT took about 2 weeks to get a new one, know why? Because our provider sent the replacement one to our old house! We haven't lived there in THREE YEARS, how pathetic.

On the 14th our book reading group got together to discuss the book ME picked, "Madonna: The unauthorized biography". For kicks and giggles we all dressed up like a different type of Madonna. Prizes to those of you who guess correctly which Madonna I was.

I also went to a christening recently but the church now has it set up where they pick one sunday to do it and it's a group effort. so TWELVE babies, 2 7yrold twins, 1 9yrold later, we were all sick of it. The after party was ok, spending time with friends I hadn't seen in a while...

On to more recent stuff:

SO and K have been taking turns being sick since last Thursday. Fun? Hell no. Men and boys are both crankypants when they are sick, gah. K however is his usual hyper self, sickness or no. Kids are amazing that way.

Thursday night was my final exam in the introductory law course I was taking. Now I wait until spring to take the next courses because I fscking hate driving in the winter especially in our area, it's like it's cursed with perpetual bad weather or something. Case in point, on the way home on Thursday it was so foggy I couldn't see two feet in front of me. Imagine doing 100km/h in that sort of weather. Yeah. Real smart, but had no choice, was boxed in by other cars all with some sort of weird death wish. I made it home ok but it was freaky and surreal. Who needs drugs? Come to my town, enjoy our trippy weather!

The exam went pretty well, the essay question I knew the answer to which was so great. I had to stop myself from writing, I ran out of pages.

Friday night was uneventful. Saturday I did a power-clean of the house and prepared food all day for our guests. In spite of his sickness SO insisted that we keep the plans we'd made with his best friend CL and CL's wife, KL. Now KL is pregnant and a vegetarian which made preparing food interesting since SO and CL both wanted steak... anyway there was plenty of food for everyone whether they be carnisaur or veggisaur. C was so cute she kept telling us about the life cycle of pumpkins (she learned in school) and she would change the story from time to time for variety...

Then K decided to get sick, thankfully in the bathroom, but being the mom I was the lucky one who got to spend a 1/2 hr cleaning everything up while everyone else enjoyed not only firsts but seconds of the meal. By the time I was all done to tell the truth I wasn't all that hungry...doubly thankfully, C doesn't seem to have gotten sick yet.

CL & KL stayed for cards after the kids were put to bed. They didn't end up leaving until midnight-ish which was fine but I was so exhausted...and of course didn't get much sleep that night because I was up with K all night. SO thankfully got up with him in the morning so I could get some sleep. But of course, that was not going to happen because C kept coming in asking me to play a game with her that we had made up the day before. When I wouldn't respond (ugh. too tired. go bug dad. mom sleep now.) she would cuddle under the blanket for like, 45 seconds, then poke me in the arm, then ask me stuff. Eventually I gave up and got up with her.

Sunday C and I decided to leave the sick boys to fend for themselves (laying like lumps on the couch) and went to my parents' for a while. Mom made us some tea and then my grandmother came over. Four generations of Sa women sat at the table. It was nice and a bit chaotic, all of us talking at once at some points. I have to say it again, it was nice. This is a big deal because my mother and I have issues at the best of times. Then C stayed at my parents' so she could help my Dad build a snowman, and I came home to spend some time with K, we cuddled on the couch and watched Finding Nemo, his "favoritest movie ever, mum". I sort of fell asleep and woke up in time to go get C again, bring her home and then go out shopping with my mom. On the way I stopped at my grandma's to pick up some things she was donating to a lady at work who lost her house in a bad fire a few weeks ago. I had started taking up collections for her and managed to get her some things to start over, bedding, dishes, etc. from whomever was willing.

Off to the mall with mom. Again, we had a good time together and were exhausted by the end of the day. I haven't had such a nice day with her in a long, long time. Probably because she was too busy to point out the fifty bajillion things that she considers "wrong" about me and my life.

Today was weird weather... sunny then blowy-snowy then sunny then flurries again. The weather has Manic-depression or something.

I had more things to say but I'm spent.

You read all this crap? Wow. You MUST be bored.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.