0

ANNOUNCEMENT

Posted by Slowplum on 12/23/2003 07:15:00 AM
THERE ARE ONLY TWO MORE SLEEPS TILL CHRISTMAS K THX

I feel ridiculously unprepared.

Thanks to those who replied to my previous post. In the sake of fairness I will reveal what I wanted most when I was a kid: A typewriter. Did I ever get one? Nope. Do I have one now? Yup. Do I use it? ALL THE TIME. The satisfying CA-CHUNK CA-CHUNK as I type row up on row of words makes it all worth it. Why did I never get one? Because my mom was the gift shopper in our house and never, ever paid attention to my list. Even though there was only one thing on it. Ok two, I also wanted thinsulate mittens. Did I get those? Nope. Cripes. Don't make me get into what my brother got (read: almost anything he desired). Why did I want a typewriter? Because I wanted to be a writer more than anything. My mom thought that was a dumb dream because it wasn't a "practical" thing to want to be. Yeah.

There will be GAMES at my Christmas gathering of my own device. You are all hella jealous I bet yessiree. I will be giving out fabulous prizes!

It will shock some to learn I have started a character on the game EQ. It is a warrior which is the most ridiculous class to choose below mages (hahahaa) but requires little in the thought department. Slash crush kick slash crusk kick. Also, I use my other half's fungi tunic so ha! I never have to sit for four billion hours to get hit points back. I am up to lvl 20 now which is pretty miraculous because I usually lose interest in the game by lvl 6. I also find it funny that my favorite haunt (Paludal caverns) was my favorite because nobody was there. Now everybody and their brother is there. It's like Lake of Ill [Omen|Manners] all over again. Does anyone remember the fear of travelling? I mean going through Kithicor was a big deal and hella dangerous. Now you just click on a book and there you are. They make it way too easy for new characters now too. meh. Now I am just kvetching.

La la la I have to work today and tomorrow and the 29 and the 30 and the 2nd and the 4th. Some two week holiday, thanks alot [current job location]!

memo to self:
write about - core christmas luncheon - sa family gathering - IT CAME FROM DENTISTVILLE - new glasses - etc

In case I don't post between now and then, I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday. Please be safe and see you in time for the post-Christmas pre-New Year's Eve hangover! (hee)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.