0

ROAR. Or something.

Posted by Slowplum on 5/06/2003 06:50:00 PM
Today was this one girl at work's last day. So we all went to her favorite restaurant to send her off with a lunch. I don't think half the table even liked the girl. Sad, really. If you don't like her why show up? It wasn't mandatory and a lot of people didn't go. Meh.

I was grumpy today too because I'm getting tired of hearing all the drama from my quiet little cube. Some people I work with *live* for conflict so they're stirring the pot whenever they have spare time. Which seems to be often.

So for C's birthday we are having a Caboose party at McDonald's. I know, I know, but it's her 5th birthday and though we really can't afford it, we're giving her this because it's her first real party with friends from school and everything. We are doing it the weekend after her actual birthday because we figure nobody will come to one on the long weekend.

I remember growing up as a child a lot of my birthdays sucked and I want to try and make them good for my kids. Even though we can't afford much we can still do things to make them feel special. For instance I am going to get off work early on the 16th, C's actual birth date and go get her out of school early. Then her and I are going to get ice cream and walk around the river, just the two of us. K will still be at my in-laws' house. She has no idea I am going to do it, it will be a surprise.

I might make her a chocolate cake... for breakfast. :)

Now I'm gonna go give them a bath read them a story and put them to bed. Or somesuch. Maybe if I'm lucky I can fit a bath in for myself after they're tucked in.

I miss baths. I used to take them twice, sometimes three times a day. They kept me calm and soothed my static nerves. It's been mostly showerville since I became a mom. No sense taking a bath, nine times out of ten I'm interrupted by someone needing something. No wonder I'm so damn moody all the time now. Ha!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.