0

Memorial what now?

Posted by Slowplum on 5/26/2003 04:54:00 PM
Today was hella slow at work because of the whole Memorial Day thing. Which was kind of nice because it meant I got to play catch-up on a few neglected projects. Go me!

I forgot to bring a lunch today and at first I thought "no problem, I'll just grab something from our awful cafeteria" but nooooo it was CLOSED! I was desperately hungry by lunch time (skipped breakfast fully intending to get a bagel at work) and had no vehicle (SO had it to take C to school) so I called him up and thus, he took pity on me and brought me to Wendy's.

SO I had lunch with S and little K and it was great. Great I tell you!

I also found out one of the ladies at work had a massive heart attack on Friday night. It took until this morning to FINALLY stabilize her so they could move her to a room. The poor woman. Hopefully she can be at home by the end of the week. There is some damage to the right side of the heart though so she's in for some pain for a long long while. :/

Tonight is Wing Night, the one night out of the week SO goes out with the boys for beer and cheap chicken wings. It is a tradition that has gone on for a long time started by me kicking SO out of his chair to go out. At first he grumbled about it but now he looks forward to it. Every person needs their wind down time away from family and that's why I started this whole thing. People don't seem to understand that and wonder why I don't have a problem with him going out every Monday night and drinking and stuff. I'd rather he be doing that than going stir crazy in the house never going out to do anything!

Along with this tradition is myself hemming and hawing over what the heck to make for supper for just me and the kids. Nine times out of ten it's like, sammiches and soup or Kraft Dinner. Because it's easy requires no serious prep time and little to no thought on my part. Tonight will be no different. Ahhh Mondays. Bane of my existence.

To further make my Monday yucky, there seems to be a total lack of Strong Bad Email Updating. Le sigh.
Update: THEY UPDATED! YAY!

Wow I totally suck. Can this post get any more boring?

CURSE YOU MONDAY!

On the bright side, there are only FIVE DAYS to my girlie gathering! Huzzah!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.