0

DAY FROM HELL

Posted by Slowplum on 4/09/2003 07:01:00 AM
So yesterday was a day from hell. No really.

I think it all started when I slept in a little. It wasn't enough to cause *too* much of a panic, but certainly enough to offset my day. I really hate that.

So I got to work and I went to go buy myself a tea in the caf when I realized (dun dun dun DUNNNN) I couldn't find my wallet. Fifteen minute search of everywhere confirmed, wallet was missing. I call home. Sure enough, wallet was sitting nicely on the loveseat, waiting for me to remember it. *sigh*

So fine. I remembered I had some emergency tea bags in my drawer. I bit the bullet and used the kitchenette kettle with the lime deposit from hell inside of it and had some tea.

Then I spent two hours in a meeting defending myself because my boss tried to pin blame on me for the $50,000 fuckup of someone else. I only wish I were kidding. I was so upset I ended up running to the bathroom after the meeting and throwing up the meagre contents of my stomach (tea and a half piece of toast I'd gulped down at home).

During the two hours of my meeting, of course work piled up because both my boss and I were in the meeting and nobody else was around to do all that customs paperwork. So guess who had to scramble to get things done? No less than 10 angry messages from people wondering where their commercial invoices were. I felt wretched and wrung out and cried through most of it because I have been under so much stress lately and don't need this shit.

Then I get a call from SO saying "the gas company phoned you have to call this number" so I do and they tell me my account is in arrears and they will cut off the gas if I don't cough up $520 in the next two days. Fuuuuuuck. I scramble in my head to try and figure out how I could possibly have messed up a gas bill. Come up blank and then realize, ohhh fuck. That's right. I messed up accounts. See, we pay Union Gas for gas and Union Energy for other stuff. I ended up paying Union Energy (which is normally only $30) instead of Union Gas (normally $250) the past two months, so now Union Energy is payed up for like, the next hundred years and Union Gass is flipping out. I end up rushing to bathroom and wretching again. Tired and strung out and sort of hungry but really not so hungry.

Which is good because, I forgot my wallet at home. So I'm broke and can't even afford flipping crackers ($0.25 a pack! cripes. I can't even afford a quarter!) and I'm tired and I just want to go home at this point but noooo. Then I spend 45 minutes arguing with one of our production control guys that no, they cannot be lazy and yes, they do have to fill out bills of lading for all five promo t-shirt sets going to five different companies. "whyyyy?" I nearly threw the phone.

So then I left work a 1/2 hr early (which I will surely hear about and pay for today) and on my way home I took the back roads so I wouldn't have to deal with crap traffic. I ended up hitting a SKUNK. Then a big rig almost ran me over! I pulled over and just sat in the car for a few minutes and let the rig pass me. It almost hit an oncoming car trying to pass two other cars. I fucking hate trucks.

I get home and SO takes one look at my face and gives me a hug. I tell him what happened and then sink to the floor and start crying. All he said was, "Go take a bath."

When I wouldn't move he pulled me up and took me to the bathroom and drew me a bath. Then he brought me a tea and a book and shut the door and told the kids they were to leave me alone.
Then he ordered pizza and told me to eat. We had a picnic on the living room floor. Gave the kids a bath and then we all had quiet time before the kids went to bed.

Then my mom called and told me she has to have a full hysterectomy and that they found more cysts and things in her uterus and they'd also have to operate on her bladder a little. And my grandma has to start seeing a psychologist because the insurance company of the family who crashed into her car two winters ago is refusing to believe she has suffered from post-traumatic stress (on top of the months and months of painful therapy it took to get her to, you know, WALK AGAIN) and won't pay up her insurance company. Even though their 17 year old daughter ran through a stop sign. Into her car. In mid-winter. On icy roads. She didn't even try to stop. Just ran right through. Wasn't paying attention.

Anyway. After all that, it was time for bed.

How was your day?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.