0

holy hannah

Posted by Slowplum on 12/26/2002 07:06:00 AM
What a holiday it's been so far.

I ended up taking K to the clinic on the 23 because he had a fever of 105. Discovered after an hour of waiting that he has an infection in both ears and his lower right lung. Oi!

On the 24 we all went to my parents' home for Christmas dinner, mmmm turkey.
K was of course still sick tho so I didn't really get to eat mine until someone else was done so they could keep the little guy company while I ate. No biggie. Family was there which was nice it was all the family I like so YAY! The kids got spoiled of course, but I'm kinda happy to report, very few toys. More stuff like new snowsuits and new clothes, or craft type things instead. C *did* get two barbies tho which tickled her pink. K got cars and a Crayola activity center which he adored, he loves drawing and coloring. C got a barbie one. I don't even know what they got anymore, too much stuff.

On the 25 the kids got me up at 7:30, a pleasant change from last year (4:30) but they both took turns keeping me awake all night with this or that complaint. We got up and opened gifts, Santa was very good to them this year and they were deeeeeeeeelighted. Then I hosted a Christmas brunch, I made a potato casserole and waffles and whipped cream and strawberries and apple turnovers and punch and SO's family came over and we had ham and other food too. Ooog. So much eating. After the brunch was more present opening. Agh! The kids got movies and books and things and one or two toys (they have too many toys, I was so glad both our parents restrained themselves this year). We got stuff too, some really nice things.

So then after all that happy eventing, C got very sick. Complained her back was hurting and had a fever of 104. I took her up to the hospital. We were admitted immediately but then stuck in a small room for a couple hours. C slept through the whole thing. Then the doctor came and poked and prodded and C bravely put up with it all. He said it was a good thing I brought her in because meningitis is going around but then after a battery of tests proclaimed her free of such thing. Then he had me get a urine sample from her and checked for urinary tract infection, came out clear. He said nothing much we can do for her, just plenty of rest and ice cream (she rather beamed at that last suggestion).

So now it's the twenty sixth. Christmas has come and gone. In spite of all the doings, I have yet to feel the holiday spirit come over me. What's wrong with me? I see everyone else with it. Maybe I am broken.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.