0
Posted by Slowplum on 9/02/2002 05:39:00 AM
So I ended up not going to my grandfather's funeral, it was too messy an ordeal. My mom insisted I keep my plans with SP for the weekend.

So we went to visit some friends in O-S. It was a nice peaceful weekend, our kids got along with their kids, we were just sort of taking things at a slow pace and enjoying ourselves.

Swam at S-Beach yesterday, we all got burns heheh

I feel a small twinge of guilt for not going to the funeral. But like I posted before, this man has been dead to me for years...yet still. Bah. You cannot change what has been done.

So there was only crap radio stations on in O-S so I put on a random tape, it happened to be Weezer. So we're listening and Say it Ain't So comes on and for no apparent reason I start to cry and I think it's because all teh alcohol references made me think of my grandfather and it was just gah.

What a waste what a terrible waste. This man didn't care when he found out he had a great-granddaughter (my daughter) and didn't even know about his great-grandson (my son). How sad is that? This man has missed out on so many births Christmases birthdays weddings christenings. He didn't come to my wedding, I don't even know if anyone invited him.

How do you put to rest in your mind someone who makes you cry because of all he never was?

The funeral wouldn't have done it. I know this. I've been to enough funerals in my life to know this. It doesn't stop there.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.