1

oh Sweet Baby Jesus and all the Angels and Saints preserve us.

Posted by Slowplum on 10/04/2007 08:08:00 PM in
Please please please tell me that they are just hiring 5th graders or something to update the "news" section of the local radio station's website. Please. Because this... I have no words.

Here's what is getting my goat. See if you can spot the errors:

MARIHUANA HARVEST - Thu. October 4
Police have concluded this years marihuana eridication - destroying nearly 18-hundred plants. The biggest outdoor grow-ops were discovered September 14th in (removed location because that is just how I roll, so ignore this stuff that isn't italics.) - with 973 marihuana plants being seized. In total plants having an estimated street value of 1.8 million dollars were seized during the summer. None of the property owners are believed to be involved in the production of marihuana. In most cases, people trespass onto the property to plant the marihuana, damaging farmer's fields in the process.

I have half a mind to write a letter to the editor on this, since this isn't the first time I've noticed glaring errors that make my eyes just want to pull themselves out of my skull. Maybe I'm being a pedantic bitch, but my God people. Someone out there is getting good money to publish news - the least they could do is edit the damn thing before posting.

(I realize I may sound like a hypocrite nit-picking about this, what with my run-on sentence structures here and forgetting to use the basic points of grammar (forgetting to capitalize things, etc), but the only thing you are missing is that this, my blog, is my words just being spewed out willy-nilly half the time. When I'm writing things for really real, I'm pretty damn picky.)

/rant off.


1 Comments


Write the letter. In my past life, people would get fired for this, and deservedly so.

Besides, it's not like the paper hasn't pulled this before. Call them on it.

I just noticed the bowling shirt has "Dexter" on it.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.