0

backtracking a bit

Posted by Slowplum on 6/14/2005 06:29:00 AM
so i'm a bad journaller and didn't write aboutK's first soccer game, which will now be lost to the ages. short form: he kept forgetting he wasn't allowed to pick up the ball, so he would sometimes and throw it away from everyone and chase it down the field. he also can run like the wind and once he gets some style going, he will be a phenomenal player. no joke sir.

He scored a goal last game which had him reeling with excitement! 'MOM I SCORED FIVE GOALS' um honey you only scored the one 'OK BUT SHH I WANNA PEETEND I SCORED FIVE K?' His team won 3-1 which made him even happier.

C was goalie yesterday and she managed to stop quite a few which I am fiercely proud of because in general she is a bit afraid of the ball - too many times being hit by said ball in either the noggin or belly from high-kicking team mates during practice. Her team won as well, 7-2.

A few people I ran into at the game last night asked me why I didn't choose to coach this year, as they thought I had did marvellously last year. I had no real response to that as I had no idea and didn't want to this year because I have enough on my plate.

Relay for Life went really well, it was pretty moving to see the survivors do the first lap. The luminary bags lit up the track wonderfully and the rain managed to stay away for most of the night. Looking at the bags left a curious lump in my throat as I saw my grandfather's name printed on some of them. It is almost a sickness that I can still miss him this much, 7 years after the fact. I suppose it is testimony to how much he meant to me.

When I love someone I love them with my whole self. So when they die, it feels like a part of my self goes with them. That's why I ache. That being said, I find it very difficult to allow myself to get to the point where I love someone. So if you are on the list, be glad.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.