0

and so it went

Posted by Slowplum on 6/16/2005 06:44:00 AM
So far the layoff count is up to 13 salary employees with more to come. That's how my week has been. ONE employee rather than even being considered for layoff, actually QUIT. He said he refused to work for a place that treats its employees in the manner that it has treated these. The layoffs were done in a shady fashion with a lot of skulking and facetiousness on the part of the managers etc. So our chemist said "that's it, I'm done" and quit with no notice. THey asked him to behave professionally about this and he said he WAS behaving professionally by sticking to his professional standards and refusing to work under a company that lies, manipulates, and otherwise disrespects its employees on a daily basis. This was just icing on the cake for him.

My parents' surprise 30th anniversary party is next Friday and my mother is suddenly being all psychic or something and calling me on a daily basis to say "What is wrong? Are you keeping something from me? Why are you avoiding me?" and etc. Ahhhhhhhh I will just die if she finds out because of her needling; I have worked for MONTHS on this surprise and we are so close now...

I have put together some mock-wedding vows which are pretty funny. My mom's maid of honor RC is coming... unfortunately, Dad's best man died last year, he was RC's husband.

I have so much to do and not enough time to do it.

Ok time for work, hopefully I'll be coming home with a nice severance (har har).

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.