0
Posted by Slowplum on 4/19/2005 06:37:00 AM
The Walk for MS went over well, we had 574 walkers (200 less than last year) and managed to raise a running total of $92,750 (they are still adding up online donations) and that is $2k more than last year already. Not bad for our little city. The nice thing is after expenses all the money goes to our local chapter to help improve the quality of life for our residents suffering with MS.

Didn't go to work yesterday because I had to go to a funeral for my friend JMc's grandfather. It sucks that I haven't seen him in literally a year and this is how we managed to reunite. His grandpa was in a lot of pain for a long time though, I'm glad he's at peace. At the funeral his Dad introduced me to his grandma as "this is the girl JMc used to chum around with all the time, we were pretty sure they'd end up getting married but as luck would have it, they didn't. It would have been nice too she's a nice Portuguese girl, big family, but oh well things worked out in the end I guess." How do you even begin to respond to that? My own dad went up to JMc on my wedding day and told him "you know I always thought she would have ended up with you... I'm happy she's with SO, but still." WTF people? Platonic relationships *do* exist you know.

Don't want to go to work today because I'm tired, so very very tired. It was a long and exhausting weekend. Next weekend I get to move my sis-in-law's stuff out of her apartment (she's more or less been staying at my in-law's place since MH died) and on Wednesday we move my brother-in-law's stuff out of his ex-girlfriend's place (that is a long story right there) and SO agreed to store his stuff in our basement which vexes me to no end. We are NOT a storage center I'm tired of holding all his family's junk - if they don't need it GET FUCKING RID OF IT honest to Pete grr.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.