0

sad

Posted by Slowplum on 4/03/2004 07:27:00 AM
So my friend MH quit her job last month and spent all the month of March training her replacement JW. She worked at my place of work and she was like a breath of fresh air. You could always count on MH for a good laugh and zany adventures. She quit her job so she could go work on a boat as a chef on a Rideau cruise thing. She used to do it before her current job and she loved it so much that when they offered her a job back with them she took it up immediately. It is wonderful that she is taking the risk and doing something she loves but I will miss her terribly.

I made her trifle on Tuesday and made enough to feed almost all the office. this other girl in the office thought I made it just so SHE could try it... mind you that girl thinks she is the center of the freaking universe and lives off creating conflict and a hundred other things about her are going on that I don't care to pontify here. (Is there such a word as pontify? I'm thinking of something else but pontify came out. Pontify. Pontify. Pontify.)

Anyway yes. Trifle good. And yesterday was her last day so I got her a nice journal & cool little pen and a little bag of wishing stones and a nice card. She liked it very much and hooray! It was very hard to say good-bye to her at the end of the day. And she was a little emotional which made it harder. I managed not to really cry until she walked right out the door and it dawned on me that on Monday morning I would not hear her cheerful "Good morning!". So I had a little cry in the bathroom at work and then I was ok. I am an emotional sap, yes. Shut up.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.