0

grr

Posted by Slowplum on 4/19/2004 08:57:00 PM
note: there is alot of history and back story to this, that i am too tired to articulate.

So today my boss from the U.S. called in to switchboard and didn't think it was me (he called around the time I take a break, and did not ask if it was me and then say hello, as usual)

He barked at me to check the CTB stock, so I did, and told him the value.

He said thanks then he said "hey... was there a death over there last week?"

I said yes, there was.

He said, "which plant was it at?"

I said plant 2.

He said, "Oh good. Good." Then he said "what area did he work in?"

I said, "maintenance"

"maintenance?"

"yes, he was a maintenance man"

He said "maintenance huh..." then under his breath he exclaimed "bitch!"

then he said "ok thanks" and hung up!

This infers two things: 1) he was checking to see if I had told him the truth about D, even though I had forwarded him the email received by our plant manager announcing what had happened, and forwarded the details of the wake asking if I could get off early to go. 2) he heard "maintenance" and said "bitch!" because I told him I had worked with the guy who died... well I did. I've known him a hell of a lot longer than I've known my boss and he just presumed that because the guy was in maintenance, that I lied and couldn't have known him and just got an afternoon off.

Even if the "bitch" was just him being a dork about something... what kind of fucktard goes "Oh good, good" when someone confirms the location of a death????? What is he playing at?

I was furious and I was shaking I was so upset about it.

It just brings me inexorably closer to the final point: quitting.

I have to go talk to my other boss about this tomorrow. I would have today but he was in union negotiations. Gah.

I've had it with this fuckhead. I'm tired of working with someone who has no respect for me, who makes me feel like I have inconvenienced him greatly when I call him for something, who makes me feel like I asked the stupidest question on earth when I double-check something with him, and who DOES NOT BELIEVE ME when I tell him I have to be absent for whatever reason. What's next? If I call and say I have to take my husband to the hospital, will he call up the hospital and make sure? Will he try and find out where my kids go to school, so that if I am called for an emergency, he can double-check? Fuck that. I refuse to work under those terms anymore.

Am I over-reacting here? Or did he just finally push me over the edge?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.