Posted by Slowplum on 11/12/2001 07:49:00 PM
They all said we'd never get together
Darling, let's take a bow
For ho, ho, ho!
Who's got the last laugh?
Hee, hee, hee!
Let's at the past laugh
Ha, ha, ha!
Who's got the last laugh now?"

Charlie Biddle Trio, They All Laughed

I cut my hair today. LOTS. It was just about mid-back level. It is now all chunks and layers not lower than my chin. I like it. A lot.

So on top of cutting my hair today I am going to be dying it with my dear buddy S. It is a ritual we go through every once in a while. Just get together and color our hair and do girlie type things that we normally abhor. Feminity is not our forte by far but man can we color! ;) Actually, nix that because she found her cat today...it was ummm not very alive? Yeah. I feel horrible because I didn't quite hear her when she told me on the phone, so I kept calling her a slacker for skipping school, meanwhile she is mumbling about a dead cat? I'm such a heartless bitch, is what you may be thinking, when really, I'm not. I'm just DEAF.
So, sorry S, we'll get together another day and destroy our follicles and bitch about men.

I am totally enamored with my hair now, it is such a free feeling. My bruddah R likes it. Which is odd because he normally thinks anything I wear or do is weirdness itself. (From him this is a sort of compliment, or at least I take it this way. In the past it bothered me to no end; this, I suppose, is the nature of siblings. Your focus shifts as you grow and you see through the bullshit to realize what was really being said/done.)

I rented a bunch of movies for my daughter, who has the flu; we've been watching Shrek and then another movie and then Shrek and then another movie, lather rinse repeat. It's still funny after the 2 bazillionth viewing, which is rare for a movie. It's the little things that you pick up that you may have missed before. I like subtlety.

As for good old Biddle, shame on you if you haven't heard of him! Go! Find him! Love him! He is *the* father of the Montreal Jazz scene!

Awright. I go now.



Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.