0

Life is full of surprises these days

Posted by Slowplum on 2/23/2008 03:49:00 PM in , , , , ,
So S's friend JG told him earlier this week that our presence was needed at a pig roast today, it was imperative we come, blar blar blar. Tonight we made plans to go to my friend's house and taste wine (they just came back from a Niagara wine tour) but we said sure, we'll come to the roast as it was going to start at 11 am.

Last night I got almost no sleep, and as a result, I almost sent S off without me.

I am so very, very glad I didn't do that.

JG & ME got married today, in front of a minister in their own home, with a small gathering of family and close friends.

They didn't even tell their parents. NOBODY knew what was going on for this. We all showed up in our civvies and ta-da! There they were, and ME looked lovely in her gown and JG in his suit also looked swell. The ceremony was short and wonderful, and yes, they still had roast pig for us to eat. JG had asked her to marry him back in November, and together they planned this surprise ceremony. This is the second marriage for them both, and I think they wanted it low-key, but knew if they announced an engagement it would snowball into something bigger. ME's 4 boys were the doormen, taking coats, arranging us, etc. It was very cute. All in black pants and black turtlenecks. ME's baby girl was dressed up in the smartest little gold & black polka-dotted dress. S was JG's witness, and ME's sister was hers. S was a little in shock, and kind of wished he would have known ahead of time. He felt terribly under-dressed, but then again, so did we all!

All in all, it was perfect, and suited them fine. And what a surprise! I was so glad I changed my mind and went. The kids were a bit confused at first, but in the end they were also glad we dragged them along. Of course, L and I will still be setting up a bridal shower for ME - she can't get away with that part, muahaha. It will be low-key as well, but we want to celebrate this.

So now I'm hoping this wine tasting isn't another surprise wedding - don't know if I could take another in the same day!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.