0

Lent

Posted by Slowplum on 2/12/2008 09:26:00 AM in , , , , , , ,
I gave up coffee for lent. So far, so good. It's been trying because I go to Tim Horton's about every other day to get coffee for my S as it is right around the corner from where we live. Our coffee maker is a piece of gos se and doesn't brew anymore. Because I gave up coffee I'm foregoing purchasing a new one, and S will have to deal with Timmy's in the mornings (which doesn't bother him one iota, he loves their coffee).

K gave up chips & ice cream. This may not seem like much, but when you have 2 sets of doting grandparents that LOVVVE to junk you up with treats, this one is tough. C gave up computer and nintendo games - something I am lifting the ban for this Saturday for one day, for Z's birthday. I told her Jesus would understand - it's not every day your bff turns 10 and we'll go right back on track afterward.

I ran into someone the other day that left me very discombobulated. I hadn't seen him in literally years, and it was so strange because he approached me, and spoke like an old friend, which was nice but a bit surreal because we weren't really friends in school. Acquaintances, yes. He drove me nuts sometimes, but in general he was a good egg, and we got along well enough. Whatever, it was nice but a little... strange. He was shocked to see that I had not only one, but two children, and not even babies - the kind that go to school and can actually converse with him. The encounter was brief, and the kids were a bit confused - why was that man acting like he knew you mum? "Umm, because he does. I went to school with him." How come we've never met him before? "Because life takes you on strange paths, kiddo." What the heck does THAT mean? "You'll understand soon enough."

Ok, time to go do house-y type things before heading to work. Have a fabulous day folks.

P.S.
Here are some procedures for emergency situations.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.