2

I still have that damn song in my head

Posted by Slowplum on 4/09/2006 09:25:00 PM
Report cards came & went & the kids did fabulously. Hurrah.

K got really sick and I ended up missing 2 days at work to take care of him. He didn't start feeling better until Saturday afternoon, tra la la just in time for the BBQ thing. Ugh. All of my in-laws all in one house and the kids playing downstairs in father-in-law's dojo and getting into fights and little ones in tears and bigger ones in tears and my headache just pounding against my skull and my wishing I hadn't agreed to go. It's always stressful on me and SO doesn't understand that. Of course he doesn't because he gets to sit & drink & chat w/his family while I watch all their damn kids. You'd think it would be reversed when it comes to my own family but no.

My head hurts just thinking about it.

I had more to say but I totally went blank. A clear indication I'm sleep-deprived. I get to go into work tomorrow and have fellow employees give me dirty looks for missing work - that is until I tell them why. Honestly I don't care since the people I sit with are nice and I don't really need to interact with anyone else so neener. My *boss* was the one who insisted I stay home & take care of my little one. So there.

I'm sure it'll bite me in the ass at some point but for now it's all gravy. Have I ever mentioned I really like the statement "it's all gravy"? I do. No idea why. It's up there with "the bee's knees" or "the cat's pajamas".

Easter is coming, hurrah! The kids are very excited and hoping the bunny puts them on an egg hunt. We try to keep Easter simple - some parents just go absolutely nuts. There's one lady at work that got each of her kids a freakin scooter - those things aren't cheap! What happened to a couple of chocolate eggs and maybe a coloring book & crayons or something? Yowsa.

I re-vamped my cousin's blog when she wasn't looking. Bwahaha! She knew I was going to otherwise I wouldn't have her pwd. But she didn't know when so surprise!

Over the Hedge is coming to theatres May 19th - the kids are very excited about this one for some reason. It's right around C's birthday so maybe we'll take them then. C and I are going to have a day just the two of us on her birthday - well not on the actual day because it's a school day, but probably the weekend after so it goes without saying I could probably take her to see it.

Ok time to go pretend I'm watching a movie & pass out until SO shakes me awake and drags my half-sleeping carcass to bed. Ta-ta!

OH! One more thing. I'm making a Jayne hat! (If you don't know what the hell I am talking about, please refer to this. And this. And this.)

2 Comments


I actually saw someone with a shirt that read "What would Zoe do?" on the front and "Firefly" on the back. Of course, my daughter asked what the hell that was all about and I had no answer.

Now I do.


I'm making a Jayne hat!

Pretty cunning!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.