2

Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!

Posted by Slowplum on 2/23/2006 07:52:00 PM
Paul Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday?
Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.

Tonight was Family Fun Night at the kids' school. In all honesty I really, really, really did not want to go, as I have been nursing a headache all day. But we go every year and the kids always look forward to it and it is only one night so off we went.

We bought a ton of raffle tickets and 10 game tickets each and as usual it was a struggle for the kids to figure out what to use their last 3 game tickets on. Will I ever learn? No. No I will not.

Then it took forever to get the kids out of there as they were comparing loot with Z, T & co. I'm hope hope hoping K gets in a class with T next year as there are few actual boys his age that he gets along with. Sigh.

Yesterday while waiting between dropping C off at Brownies and going to a communion meeting for her class, I dropped in to the Video Plus and found a gently used Poe CD ("Hello") for 4 bucks and a brand new anniversary edition DVD of Breakfast at Tiffany's for 12 bucks! Hoorah! So I was up late last night listening to grrrl music and then watching a classic. My only bone of contention with the movie (always has been) was casting Mickey Rooney as the Japanese neighbor. Even the director regrets this decision or so he said on the behind the scenes making of the movie stuff.

In other news, I'm still having babysitting dilemmas and the short fix has been for SO to work straight afternoons, exchanging shifts with willing co-workers. This can't last forever though so in the mean time I am breathing into a paperbag and trying to think up other resources to tap into.

I just stared at the screen blankly for a good five minutes, clear indication that I need sleep. Desperately.

2 Comments


Speaking of Breakfast...I really want the Breakfast Club on DVD...let me know if you see it for cheaps...

Lo


My offer to post on S Parents Online (re: babysitters) is still good. Keep it in mind and let me know.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.